"Space Jam: A New Legacy" in development for July 16, 2021 release

cjd874

Reaction score
For those who wanted to see some of the current voice actors' work:
His Bugs and Daffy seem to be pretty spot on.
Yeah, I gotta say...Eric does a really good Daffy! Pretty good Bugs Bunny voice too.

EDIT: Just thought of my ideal Looney Tunes voice cast for this film.
Jeff Bergman - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, and Foghorn Leghorn
Bob Bergen - Porky Pig, Tweety, Speedy Gonzales, and Marvin the Martian
Maurice LaMarche - Pepe Le Pew and Yosemite Sam
Billy West - Elmer Fudd
Jim Cummings - Taz
Sorry for not including Eric Bauza...I just haven't heard any of his voices yet.
So I'll revise my ideal voice cast here:
Eric Bauza - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Pepe Le Pew
Bob Bergen - Porky Pig, Tweety, Speedy Gonzales, and Marvin the Martian (sorry, but I just don't like Eric's version of Marvin or Tweety)
Jeff Bergman - Sylvester, Foghorn Leghorn, and Yosemite Sam
Billy West - Elmer Fudd
Jim Cummings - Taz

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I wonder if Lola will be in the movie since she's changed so much as a character since the first one (i.e gotten personality). She's apparently gonna be in the new shorts
That's a great point... I honestly just hope they throw all the "character development" to the side and let her be like Space Jam 1. It's kinda amazing how they did a total 180 on the character.

cjd874

Reaction score
That's a great point... I honestly just hope they throw all the "character development" to the side and let her be like Space Jam 1. It's kinda amazing how they did a total 180 on the character.
As much as I'd like to see the sexy Lola again, I wonder if this would this spark backlash for objectifying a female albeit a cartoon character? We didn't have #metoo back in 1996, nor the insane level of PC-ness that dominates film and other media.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wonder if Lola will be in the movie since she's changed so much as a character since the first one (i.e gotten personality).
That's funny, because from what I've seen and heard, she's lost personality compared to the original SPACE JAM, and has basically turned into another Kristen Wiig typecast character in being awkwardly stupid/stupidly awkward.

cjd874

Reaction score
That's funny, because from what I've seen and heard, she's lost personality compared to the original SPACE JAM, and has basically turned into another Kristen Wiig typecast character in being awkwardly stupid/stupidly awkward.
I hope we don't get ditzy Lola again, if she even appears in the new film to begin with. Kristen Wiig is funny, but her brand of humor doesn't quite fit in with the Looney Tunes brand. And who would voice Lola if she wasn't ditzy and awkward? Kath Soucie voiced Lola in the first Space Jam, and did a bang-up job in my opinion. But maybe it's time for someone else to do it.

Side note, speaking of SNL alum: They better not bring Fred Armisen to play Speedy Gonzales...I think he sucked on the Looney Tunes Show!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Nah. Lola was basically just in Space Jam to have boobs, IMHO. I feel like almost anything would be better characterization than what she got in that movie.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Side note, speaking of SNL alum: They better not bring Fred Armisen to play Speedy Gonzales...I think he sucked on the Looney Tunes Show!
I have heard rumors that Carlos Alazraqui has taken over the role

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
1996- Space Jam greatest basketball game of all time

2005- Space Jams crown was taken

2021- I wonder if they can reclaim the throne from these guys???

MWoO

Reaction score
For those who wanted to see some of the current voice actors' work:
His Bugs and Daffy seem to be pretty spot on.

I wonder if Lola will be in the movie since she's changed so much as a character since the first one (i.e gotten personality). She's apparently gonna be in the new shorts
There was a time that I thought Jeff Bergman did the best Bugs after Mel, but his recent work sounds off compared to what he did in the early 90's when he first started. I think at some point he was suppose to be the official recast for all of Mel's characters, but something happened and WB decided to not have "official" voice actors for classic characters anymore.

Joe Alaskey was my favorite Daffy, but sadly he has passed away. He also did a very good Bugs.

Eric Bauza is pretty good. His Daffy is far more... well... daffy. It's more in line with the early Daffy, which seems to be what they are going for, where as Joe Alaskey was more late Daffy, more cunning and jealous than crazy. Eric's Bugs isn't too bad either. I prefer it to Jeff Bergman's later Bugs.

At this point so many people have voiced these characters it's hard to tell who is who some times.