Space Shuttle Explosion

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Man, Foz! Yikes! Sorry to hear that!

(er, I just thought of something, but boy would it be stupid to say it!)

You're right, though. Alot of very serious stuff happens all the time, and it's ignored because they weren't some big-time astronaut, actor, or whatever!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Right.

Consider this, who before the moment in that one other thread ever knew that I was carjacked and blocked a stab at my throat and got my lip cut through into the gums? Who still remembered that I told them that? Nobody. Til just now on both accounts of knowledge.

It's just how the news works.

But you let Carmen Electra get carjacked, and BANG! The whole world knows about it.

Especially if they have cable or MTV.
FOZ

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't around in the old forum, or I'd deffenitely remember that! I didn't join til two months ago.

Yikes! That's pretty scary.

My brother flipped his car a few weeks ago. It got announced on the radio, but, no one really cares alot anymore. Everyone's still worried about him, like when I had my surgery last year, everyone still asks me if it's doing okay. People do care, and remember, just not alot of people. It's sorta sad.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Right. That's why on one level it's well known and highly publicized, and on another it isn't. But I certainly do see what Rhyodarbie was saying. :smile:

FOZ

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
thats what i don't like the media,. they see a story that can become huge, like the shuttle accident, and then blow it out of proportion. but the media never talks about the little people and their problems..little people like us, who are not famous, etc...but you guys do bring up so excellent points about what i've been saying...

on a personal note, sorry about what happened to you man..that's some sad stuff right there..

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Winning bid was for US $1,001,400.99 after 31 bids. Crazy, huh? Someone got rich by someone else's death. Seems kinda like a mafia hit almost.

well they *said* they were going to donate the cash....if they do that'll be nice

if they don't....i hope they think about that at night

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thye donate the cash, they get caught, and arrested. I really doubt if they're that stupid.

Kev, I just found something out today similair to what you were talking about. I heard today that someone I went to Kindergarden with (I remember the name, but, for some reason, can't place the face or personality) went missing last night. She was seen leaving the library at nine, and then wasn't seen afterward.

This is another incident that will got shoved to the middle section of the newspaper while we get the same front page news again. Remember that kid that got "kidnapped" back in the summer? The ONLY ONE that got publicized? I bet if that kid's parents didn't have all the money they do, that wouldn't even go past a five second announcement on the local news.

It's sad to hear bad things about people you knew/know and then to realize no one's going to care in a few weeks.:frown:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i think it depends on where you live....in Oklahoma you are all over the 6 o'clock news until 1) the person has been missing for over 3 or 4 months 2) by one way or another the case has been solved

Sarah

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
It's sad to hear bad things about people you knew/know and then to realize no one's going to care in a few weeks.:frown: [/B][/QUOTE]

that's pretty much how the world works...or in this case, how the united states works....

ryan