Spammers at MC...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kevin... Think something oughta be done about this person named routeradio. There's a new thread in B/S/T about "Cool New Apparel" and I think he's got a few threads there which just don't make sense, maybe could be interpreted as spam.
Just thought you should know.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count, we'll look into him. Thanks.

If everyone else could leave this thread to reporting Spam posts only that would help us address these issues quicker.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Will try our best. Another thing I've noticed lately is that when a person deemed as "spammer" is taken care of, they're still listed as active members, saw LeaperGnome a few weeks back. And not sure if there's a direct correlation, but MC's attracting a lot of people lately.
Oh well. Hope this helps somewhat.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Phil, can you address that question? I haven't got a clue:

When someone is banned do they still show up on the member's list as active? Does it ban their ISP also so they can't sign on again?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
When someone is banned do they still show up on the member's list as active?
They won't be on the "who's on-line" list obviously since they can't access the site anymore. I think they are still listed on the member's list if banned, but not if the account is deleted entirely.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think when people start posting all the one-word replies like that it's to build their post-count up to post the SPAM. Nice catch.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um Kev... Don't wanna beat a dead horse... But one of those W-guys is in the online list at the moment.
Just thought you oughta know.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I looked but didn't see anything; of course, this could be hours after you posted, too. Sorry 'bout that.

If they are still able to show up in the online list they can't post.