Spammers at MC...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Understanding that this is a SPAM thread and not a soap box;

I have to admit; I'm really embarassed by all this "banning" talk lately. Petitions, posts with sub texts like "you-know-who", personal digs and by my friends none the less too. If people were banned or whatever just for being annoying or posting too much; there'd be next to no one here. I think we all need to be excercising a little more patience instead of accusing people of double lives and being guilty of double posting (a sin that almost everyone here has committed at least once). So let's be real and understand it's not a perfect world and we're not all gonna' get along, but just do the best we can instead of calling Kevin out and say he's not doing his job properly, that's not appropriate at all.

If you take a look around, there are a lot of old schoolers who aren't here anymore, and I can see why. This is a Muppet forum, not a preschool, let's try and keep MC the kind of place we know and love, please?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I posted a lot of information in here but chose against my post.

I will say this:

First: I come to Muppet Central for the same reason as anybody else does--for fun. When you come on these message boards and attempt to call each other out that brings negativity to MC. I have worked HARD to instill a pleasant feeling here at these forums and to create a positive atmosphere. Furthermore, do not start trying to call ME out! If you don't like my moderation of these forums then you write to Phil privately. You have your opinions and you're welcome to them, but I will not tolerate the same thing happening to me that happens to other people.

Second: If someone posts lists in a thread about a topic which basically requires posts that are lists, you cannot call that spamming. Of course, by hopping in that thread and start talking about someone to call them out you are then basically spamming a thread about listing the weather.

Third: If you say you wrote to me, I believe you. If you say you wrote to me and I did not reply, I don't belive you. I reply to every single e-mail and PM that comes to me, here and personally. It may not be promptly as soon as you send it, and it may be a few days later, but I ALWAYS reply.

I have worked VERY hard to keep this place drama free and full of fun, with honest people who make fair friends via the internet. I have said time and again do NOT call each other out on these forums. This is NOT the place to do it. I have said that if there are problems to e-mail me or PM me or another moderator, and I have asked for LINKS and details--without it I cannot do anything. I cannot be biased and be a moderator, I have to judge things from both sides of the argument to make a decision, and I have been MORE than fair in all my decisions on these boards since becoming a moderator.

But there seems to be a consistent few who undermine my attempts at this by bringing negativity onto the boards when those complaints are best saved for e-mails or PMs, which I ain't gettin! Why is it so important to undermine me and post in forum threads the negative complaints on other members than to contact myself or a moderator?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Is that rachee, who has put threads all over the buy/sell posts!!Please disappear!!!

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
ALERT!:mad: ALERT!:mad: SPAMMER!:boo: The Thread is called Home security and it has a link where you sign-up for something and you get some security system. SPAMMMER PROTECTOR, AWAAAYYYY!
(but seriously, someone get rid of this thread)

Maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Oh geez, sorry anathema. I just reported what you just posted about.:embarrassed: Very sorry.