Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

Oliver

Reaction score
Nice, but Im sticking with the original Christmas Carol theatrical poster art from the first release and swapping discs. I still prefer that cover. I hope they keep the animated menus though, I thought they were really well done and represented the spirit of the film.

rexcrk

Reaction score
The new cover art looks pretty good! And I too hope that they keep the animated menus. I remember when I first got Muppet Treasure Island and popped in the disc and have Gonzo and Rizzo pop up on the menu! It was awesome!

That Announcer

Reaction score
I'm with you, rexcrk. The animated menus were a highlight of the disc for me. Personally, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the menus were kept the same and the content was altered. However, a change to the MCC menus would be welcomed, as the CG backgrounds there were a little unconvincing. The MTI stuff was much better.

I also really like the new cover art. However, I'm a little miffed that Tim isn't on the MTI poster. We want Long John! :smile:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

WOW!!! love the cover art. MCC I love the best yet! I have both of these on vhs and on DVD and I'm gonna buy them again along with TMM and GMC :big_grin:

Oliver

Reaction score
Yikes!!!

I'll thankfully be sticking with the old theatrical poster art for all these upcoming releases...

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Yikes!!!

I'll thankfully be sticking with the old theatrical poster art for all these upcoming releases...
Great find! the cover art looks great!! :excited: :excited:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Listen to this :
DisneyDirect.com informs us that the four Muppet film reissues will arrive on November 29th and each will be presented in Dolby Digital 5.1. Both The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper will be accompanied by new "Backstage Disney" features including Pepe Profiles "Kermit: A Frog's Life" and "Miss Piggy: The Diva Who Would Not Be Denied", respectively. The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island appear to port over the exact same extras from their previous Disney DVDs. One hopes that implies 16x9 widescreen transfers will differentiate them from their currently in-print versions, but no aspect ratio is listed for any of the discs. The Disney-owned e-tailer also reveals cover art for Movie and Caper. (Thanks to Mike for letting us know.)
soruce : ultimatedisney.com

unclematt

Reaction score
First time I have been on a computer where I could see the cover art. They look beautiful. I had not planned on buying them considering that I already own them on DVD but after seeing the cover art I am just going to have to own doubles. There are probably going to lots of great extrasthat the originals didnt include as well. This is great TMS in August. FR in September. And now the movies in November. Is anything coming out in October. because that would make it a perfect four months in a row.

That Announcer

Reaction score
DisneyDirect.com informs us that the four Muppet film reissues will arrive on November 29th and each will be presented in Dolby Digital 5.1. Both The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper will be accompanied by new "Backstage Disney" features including Pepe Profiles "Kermit: A Frog's Life" and "Miss Piggy: The Diva Who Would Not Be Denied", respectively. The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island appear to port over the exact same extras from their previous Disney DVDs. One hopes that implies 16x9 widescreen transfers will differentiate them from their currently in-print versions, but no aspect ratio is listed for any of the discs. The Disney-owned e-tailer also reveals cover art for Movie and Caper. (Thanks to Mike for letting us know.)
soruce : ultimatedisney.com
Both good and bad. Good, because of the 5.1 mixes for TMM and GMC; bad, because it doesn't seem like 'Muppets Go Hollywood' will be included. Also, I hope that MCC and MTI are released in widescreen, but I also hope that the folks over at Disney realize the only way to get us to buy this is to add in some new extras.

PS: The new covers all look fantastic!