1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MuppetDanny, Jul 22, 2005.

1. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

But what about the restoring that is to be done on the films? That's reason enough to buy them.
  2. ChristmasCarol

ChristmasCarol New Member

I already have MCC & MTI so I won't be rebuying them, no matter how better the special editions are. I'll be glad to buy TMM & The Muppet Caper though. :) Why was everyone talking about the widescreen/fullscreen stuff in this thread when their is a whole other thread for it? :eek:
  3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Muppet Special Features News

British Board of Film Classification has just passed the "special features" material on "MTI" & "MCC" :

MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND - SPECIAL EDITION - DVD BONUS
    Run Time 5m 26s

MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL - DVD BONUS COMPILATION Video
    Run Time 10m 55s
    This work is made up of a number of separate components.
    Note that since February 2001 the BBFC has measured each component separately, but older works may not have the exact details, only a list of titles.

• n/a (MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL DVD BONUS COMPILATION)
    • 00:05:27:13 (MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL DVD BONUS COMPILATION - PEPE PROFILES
    • 00:02:56:05 (MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL DVD BONUS COMPILATION CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD
    • 00:02:31:18 (MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL DVD BONUS COMPILATION ON THE SET )
    source :BBFC

I'm not sure about these special edition sets :concern:
  4. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

i am buying them just for the restorations
  5. MuppetDanny

Dvdtimes.co.uk has reported the new updated press release, unfortunately the special features are still the same :(

Here's the press release with large cover art of the DVD's : Click Here

Also dvdanswers.com has reported the news aswell with even larger cover art :) : Click here
  6. MuppetDanny

I just found out a German version season 1 will be released in Feb. 2006. The DVD seems to have a English language optition :)

Here's the details and cover art - enjoy :D
  7. MuppetDanny

British Board of Film Classification has passed the "special features" material for "TMM" & "TGMC" :

• MISS PIGGY: THE DIVA WHO WOULD NOT BE DENIED Run Time 5m 39s
    • KERMIT: A FROG'S LIFE Run Time 6m 32s

I'm not going to bother to buy these, I'm sticking with R1 CTHE DVDs

Also BBFC passed "TMM" film it's self and unfortunately it will be the cut version (same print as it's pervious release from CTHE) :(
  8. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Hmm. Still dissapointed in the lack of special features. I don't own the old version of TMM, GMC, or MCC, so I'll be missing out on the old stuff, and dissapointed that all we will get for new stuff is basically filler.
    I was kind of hoping for the tv specials that were made for the movie releases that I've read about. if I'm correct it's The muppets go to the Movies and The Muppets go Hollywood. How cool would it be to see those? :/

Of course, I will still be buying them, as I want to see these movies again (and GMC for the first time!) since that's why I will be buying them: for the films. Plus widescreen TMI will make me gleeful. Hope the old commentary will be on it, but I don't know for sure, maybe someone else does.
  9. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I am excited about these new realeases. The only thing I dont like is that it feels like more time could have been taken with the bonus materials. I will be buying them no mattter what though as I am a true Muppet Fan.
  10. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

The Muppet Movie back cover

I just want to know what the back cover of the Kermit 50th anniversary edition of The Muppet Movie will look like, I get the front cover but what does the back cover look like? I predicted that the back cover looked like it had pictures of Kermit playing the banjo, Kermit and Fozzie looking at the map and below the crowd of Muppets.
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I cant wait to own these