St. Patrick's Day Menu

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
camax

Wow! Thanks a lot. Very cool that we both went to the same school chain. Glad you like my site. Now, if I could just get permanent employment. :wink: Flash is one of the most specacular web creations. I latched onto it in a week's time. Great stuff and it doesn't use Lingo. Used to make my head hurt. :stick_out_tongue:

Christmas time was really fun around here. We had 6 different menus and dedicated all of December to holiday themes. I wouldn't want to keep any of them up for too long because I enjoy the default rotating menu. I spent the most time on that one and the bizillion characters included. LOL! :concern: We're still working by ear. I thought the anniversary menu was up for too long, but St. Patty's feels like it came and went so fast. There's always next year. :smile:

camax

Reaction score
Yeah I hear you about permanent employment - I HAD been working in our field for like five years when the economy went south. I was the web designer at Sierra.com, a dream job, but just need a new dream now :stick_out_tongue: . At least you are in SF and I am in Seattle, so when it starts to pick up again, we are in the right places.

Flash - I've done mostly 30-60 second animations spotlighting different software titles, but most recently had a contract where I taught myself how to do interactive maps, so that was thrilling. Flash is only limited by imagination, and I LOVE it!

It doesn't feel like we'll ever get sick of these cool menus you've put your heart into. I've got to stand by my two weeks opinion, because that St. Patrick's Day one came and went quick to me as well, and I've been logging in multiple times daily. I assume many people never even got to see it :cry: Do you have webspace where you keep your old holiday menus? I'd love to see them, and I can't be the only one...

~Cam

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Flash really hooked me into multimedia. It's funny - I learned in 4 and it's already to 6 (MX).

The past menus will be back into rotation later this year.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Well for April Fools Day you could always leave it blank and tell everyone the reason they aren't seeing it is because they need to download Flash 7 !
He's not going to do it now that you gave the joke away.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Ummm....Froggy, when I go to your website, all I get is a big, green, blank screen. I have the latest IE for Mac, which is 5.1 :embarrassed:

Um, I dunno :frown:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
How many days should we keep these up? I think somewhere between 4-7 days. :smile:
7 days would be very cool, but they need to be up a bit before the holiday so you can see it 3 days before, the day itself, then 3 days after. If the fans demand it i don't see why there couldn't be a menu gallery either on MC or your own site. I mean sooooo much work goes into them it's a shame to be limited to even 7 days. Ken Plume's old MC banners have their own gallery on the site where you can see them all.

camax

Reaction score
Originally posted by sidcrowe
Ummm....Froggy, when I go to your website, all I get is a big, green, blank screen.

That page pops up a new window to browse his portfolio. If you have something like an ad pop-up stopper enabled, you'd have to turn it off temporarily. It could be a different issue with Mac IE, but it was my first thought...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My site launches a javascript window now. If you have pop-ups disabled then it won't show up. Working on a lanuch button.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
JAVA STUFF: Well, I haven't altered this new version of IE since I started using it about 3 months ago, and I've got pop-ups all over the place. I've also got those new ads that float all over a website, too.

I'll be waiting for that "launch" button :wink:

Happy, as a Mac user, to complicate things again :stick_out_tongue: