star trek

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
yummalicious...is that in the dictionary???

yes DS9 did have lots of substance, but it bored me! if it ain't comedy it has to have comedy in it to make me happy!

Sarah
Yes, it is. It's called a Chicktionary. :wink:

DS9 did have it's ocasional comedic moment. But, that wasn't the point to the show. They wanted to do something more real, that people could relate to. On TNG when Picard solved a mission, he went off to his ready room and had some sort of moral of the week discussion with one of the other officers, normally he was smilling that they'd won. But, on DS9, Sisko heads off to his ready room and just tries to forget about the whole situation, all stressed out. Avery Brooks is an awesome actor!

Hey, did you ever see "Take me out to the Holosuite?" That was one of your funny episodes.

I agree, though. A good series needs to have some sort of comedy. That's why I like Queens Supreme.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter

Hey, did you ever see "Take me out to the Holosuite?" That was one of your funny episodes.
yes my dad has that one on tape!

yes it did have it's moments, but just not enough for me!

I also think at that time in my life i didn't get it cause it wasn't explained i wasn't too old

my dad explained TNG to me but in DS9 he stopped explaining...i guess he thought i got it on my own...that could be part! i would probably enjoy it now!

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Unfortunately with DS9, you have to watch the first episode to understand it. It's probably a good idea to see the whole series, but, not a single station in New York state shows it. :mad:

But, it's probably shown where you live. If you see it from the beginning, it's a whole lot easier to understand.

(hey, can I blow one of the major secrets of the first episode for you? Please please please!!!! That is, unless you've already seen it)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah i saw it! my dad always tapes beginning of star trek series...

but i think i forgot so re-blow the secret, please!

when you're around 6 things are a little difficult to understand!

that might be why i didn't like it.......

but when voyager came on, i was old enough to understand it!!!

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Alrighty. I understand that. I can't remember yesterday!:big_grin:

The whole reason DS9 ain't quite as fun as you might like, why Sisko's kinda depressing is...

Drum roll, please!

*ba da ba da ba da ba da ba da ba da ba dum!*

Sisko's wife was killed by Picard.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Really? How'd that happen?

I never watched DS9 much. I did wastch TNG and Voyager though. The doctor was my favorite even if he was a jerk!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes the dorctor was great!!! his sense of humor was dry, but okay! (too much pepe on role play)

ah yes i remember that little tidbit! thanks for jogging the memory!

Sarah (who should be off-line and at Wal-Mart)

Movies205

Reaction score
Star Trek is Dead

Unless it can pull a Friday the 13th, it is dead...

Enterprise- Started good, now SUCKS

star Trek Nemesis- Good movie, Did crappy at the Box Office

I see the end of Star Trek and Star Wars... It's a shame that both these great Sci-Fi series are going out crappy...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't really agree with you there, Movies. I do believe Star Trek is dying, but I think Enterpirse is doing rather well. It's getting progresively better. And while Nemesis did terrible here, I hear it's done real well over seas. But, you're right, that doesn't matter.

Electricmayhem, Picard killed Sisko's wife, just unknowingly. Picard had been assimilated by the Borg into Locutus of Borg. The Borg, being lead by Locutus, attacked Wolf 359. Sisko was serving aboard one of those ships that had been attacked as first officer, and his family was aboard. He wasn't able to save his wife, but got off with his son, Jake.

CousinLuke

Reaction score
I see the end of Star Trek and Star Wars... It's a shame that both these great Sci-Fi series are going out crappy...
I personally like STAR WARS thank you.

With Star Trek: Voyager the problem was that it was about them trying to get back to Earth. Whenever they got close you knew it would not happen. They also added new plotlines way too late in the show for them to make sense or be played out well (ie: 7 o' 9 and Chakotay's love, getting home). The new show's problem is it keeps messing with the other series, for instance, in Stigma, the AIDS alagory, we find out that Mind MeldingVulcans are looked on by Vulcans like Homosexuallity is looked on by many humans. Now I can't watch any episode that fetures Vulcans predominatly because the Mind-melds now seem dirty.