1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

As far as TM2015 goes, I always figured that Kermit's story arc was going to be finding himself again in a world that is so different from the way things were when he was running The Muppet Show. So I accepted his 'bitterness' because I honestly thought the writers were going to take him through a genuine process.

As for outside of the show, I never found Steve's performance of Kermit to be depressing. He was always fun in guest appearances and the like, and if Kermit was in fact annoyed or otherwise, it was generally justified.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I can imagine Kermit being a little more beat down in M15. On TMS, he was pretty much dealing with these crazies for the first time. Now, he's got 40+ years of dealing with them. He's naturally gonna be a little more weary of their antics.

3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess they didn't want to reuse the same storyline from VMX though I have noticed both plots did seem quite similar.

4. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

I always thought the cool thing about Muppets is that they don't get burnt out like people.

Muppy likes this.
  5. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

It's pretty interesting how Peter linz Took over Robin but I'm curious to Here Eric's performance as the Newsman

6. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

He did perform The Newsman during the Hollywood Bowl and there was a clip but I couldn't find anywhere.

It's okay, but it's basically Guy Smiley.

I'm not a fan of Peter's Robin because it kind of sounded like Robin had a bad cold or was going through puberty lol.