1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Scratch that. ABC's website has all the episodes! I know, I can't believe it either! http://abc.go.com/shows/the-muppets/episode-guide

3. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

There are people who are going to defend Steve and people that will criticize him, but in the end it is a business after all Disney had to do what they had to do.

4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I haven't been here in a while, can anyone fill me in on if there have been any new details?

And tbh, this scandal seems so minor now compared to the stuff that's going on in Hollywood. Thank god the only thing Steve was accused of was being "hard to work with".

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

There really haven't been; in fact, most people are wanting this thread to be shut down now.

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if this thread could just be un-stickied so we can move on, that'd be greeeeeeaaaaat.

[​IMG]

JimAndFrank and muppetgem like this.
  7. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

It doesn’t need to be shut down. Someone should unsticky it and let nature take its course. But if someone wants to post something in it, they should have the option.

But wanting a thread closed because YOU no long have a use for it seems silly.

LittleJerry92 and scooterfan360 like this.
  8. D'Snowth

I'm not the one who's saying this thread should be closed, I'm just paraphrasing what others have been asking for as of late.

9. ErinAardvark

I was only for locking the thread when it was getting REALLY ugly. I'm not for closing it all together anymore. Now I'm for unstickying it.

muppetgem and scooterfan360 like this.
  10. Whataday

Whataday Member

New Matt Vogel appearance as part of a (very) brief cameo in this year's Christmas advert for the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's.

Around the 1 min mark, followed by a Muppet Show style cheer at the end.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Kermit (as Captian Smollett): Mr. Arrow, I didn't say that.

Sam the Eagle: (As Mr. Arrow) Just paraphrasing, sir.

12. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

That was Matt??

I swear it didn't sound anything like him or the way he's been performing Kermit. I've listened to it 10 times now. Maybe I'm still not used to his performance I don't know??

cahuenga and scooterfan360 like this.
  13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well, hears what I think may be the problem: The music is a bit too loud, plus the key of the song was way too high for him. Not to mention, the clip was literally only like 2 seconds long, so it's very hard to make any judgements.

14. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

15. xSunnyEclipse

Oh no I’ve seen that clip and Matt does excellent there! I think he’s doing really great!

Maybe it was him singing in a lower range in that Youtube thing that I couldn’t recognize him I don’t know??

cahuenga and scooterfan360 like this.
  16. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Matt does it Henson style.

17. ErinAardvark

I will say Matt is getting better, but I still disagree with the comparison to Jim.

cahuenga likes this.
  18. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I think his tone/pitch is closer to Jim's, whereas the rubberiness/smoothness of the voice is more like Steve's. I think it's a happy medium between the two. We'll never have another Kermit exactly like Jim, nor will we have one that is exactly like Steve. We have to allow the character to evolve through each performer.

19. D'Snowth

"Matt sucks!" "No, Steve sucks!"

Matt, Steve, what's the difference, maaan? They're both just a couple of white guys who shove their hands up a frog's *** in a cosmic way the rest of the world just doesn't understand.

20. xSunnyEclipse

To me it’s just Matt and that’s it.

He’s doing it his way and I’m proud of him.

cahuenga likes this.