Strange Muppet Radio Occurrence

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Noticed you've got the song that Palisades Toys and now Creatus Maximus forum member GWGumby created for his column in the Palisades Collector's Club...
The song, "I've Got A Beaker".
Nice... Good addition.

David French

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
I checked the playlist and it appears that they were played once with about an hour between them. For me, that's ok and that will rarely happen too by the way. It's when similar songs play back-to-back or within a shorter time period that this needs to be looked at more closely.

Thanks for the report though.
On the other hand, isn't more fun to compare and contrast the different versions of the same song if they do play back-to-back?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Something I've noticed... Not sure how long the songs last, or how often they get changed for the next one on the playlist... But when I log on to MC's front page, I get the song that's linked as "Now Playing."
The thing that strikes me as odd, is sometimes the only way it changes to a new/different song is after I've shut off my computer, then after a while turn it back on and log back onto MC's front page.

Again, not sure if this is happening to anybody else... Thought you should know about it.
Hope this helps.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count,

Yes, it is this way by design.

You'll notice on the radio page that the now playing list is always updating in real time. On the home page it shows what is currently playing when you load the page. If you hit refresh it would reload whatever is playing at that moment. I could make the home page also reload the info but it would probably require the whole page to refresh which I thought might be a little annoying to some users. Maybe I can try to find a way around the whole home page loading though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another follow-up on Count's post... I was experimenting with the code and think I found a way to make the reload work properly on the home page just affecting the album covers.

I'll properly be asking you guys to help test this over as many different web browsers over the weekend. If we don't run into any major problems, I'll update the code on the home page.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's great you were able to find a loophole around the home page code Phill. Saw your posts just now, I understand the reasoning and would've said it was OK... But I'm glad this mini-update's possible. Need to ask you about something else, will drop you a PM.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Phillip... Noticed that you have the classic song sung by Lefty the Salesman from the Alphabet Album playing now, where he tries to sell Ernie an O.
However, noticed the title's a bit wrong...

It says "W-o-u-d", shouldn't it be "Would" You Like To Buy An O?
Just tryin' to help out.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count, thanks for mentioning this. It has been fixed.

Yes, definitely any time you see a misspelling in the tag info please let me know and I'll update it.

By the way, quite a few new tunes are being added this evening so please keep listening.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phillip... Noticed another error.
As of 3:29 PM EST on 8/26/2006, the song currently playing was listes as "New York Stae Of Mind". If this is the song I'm thinking of sung by Floyd Pepper, then shouldn't it be "New York State Of Mind"?
Hope this helps.