Strange Muppet Radio Occurrence

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count, thanks for mentioning this. I checked Floyd's version and it was ok, however, Rowlf's version did have the typo that you saw. This has been corrected now. As always, let me know if you see any other mistakes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing #1. (T*K*O reference there).
BTW: Sent Kev a couple of PM's regarding new members I spotted registered earlier today whose names I thought to be questionable. Guess they've been dealt with since they've been dropped off the list.
If this happens in the future, should I contact him or you or any other particular mod about that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of things I've noticed with MC Radio.

The song you had in the rotation recently, "Count One Banana" from Sesame Street...
If it's the song with the ladylike bananas and the Jamaican Guys, that song's name is just "One Banana" as pointed out to me by my sources.
The song you have playing now, 9/10/2006 at 1:26 PM EST, "She Gave Her Angels" from Muppets Tonight...
In which episode was that song featured? Who sang it? Was it the one by Prince with Muppet Angels backing him up?
Hope this helps, have a good day.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Count said:
Couple of things I've noticed with MC Radio.

The song you had in the rotation recently, "Count One Banana" from Sesame Street...
If it's the song with the ladylike bananas and the Jamaican Guys, that song's name is just "One Banana" as pointed out to me by my sources.
Do you mind sharing what your source is? Let me know and we'll update it if it needs to be changed.

The Count said:
The song you have playing now, 9/10/2006 at 1:26 PM EST, "She Gave Her Angels" from Muppets Tonight...
In which episode was that song featured? Who sang it? Was it the one by Prince with Muppet Angels backing him up?
Yes, that's correct. It's from the second season Muppets Tonight episode with Prince (who at the time was "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince").

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Phil... Sent you a PM answering your questions regarding my sources for the song "One Banana".
Also... Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since I can't find the thread here in the Feedback section...

Noticed that the E-mail notification system for new posts in threads I'm subscribed to isn't working to its fullest potential. Any problems to report lately?
Hope you get it solved, and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... Wanted to ask something.
Noticed today October 13, 2006 at 3:08 PM EST, MC Radio was airing a song from Sesame Street titled "Numero Quarto".

Where exactly did this song come from?
Is it a song about the number 4? Cause if so, the title should be "Numero Cuatro".
"Quarto" means "fourth", and a song whose title means "Number Fourth" could very well exist, it'd just sound a bit weird translated.
Not to mention that it should be "Número" with the accentuated u or u acute.

Hope this helps, just a couple of things I noticed being an English/Spanish speaking counter meself.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
On the Sesame Street House Band Version of Dance Myself To Sleep, the l in sleep is capitalized even though it's the second letter.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
On the Sesame Street House Band Version of Dance Myself To Sleep, the l in sleep is capitalized even though it's the second letter.
I saw this as well. The tag info has been updated. Thanks for the report.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Count said:
Is it a song about the number 4? Cause if so, the title should be "Numero Cuatro".
"Quarto" means "fourth", and a song whose title means "Number Fourth" could very well exist, it'd just sound a bit weird translated.
Not to mention that it should be "Número" with the accentuated u or u acute.
This was updated from "Quarto" to "Cuatro" today. The accent in "Número" will cause issues for this to be displayed properly so I can't change that.

This is a song that Waiter Grover sings to Fat Blue when he requests the Número Cuatro from the menu.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK thanks Phil...
Yes, now I remember... That's when Charlie's was converted into La Casa de Las Comidas, with Waiter Grover's famous Mexican dance that destroyed all of the specials except for Numero Uno, the 1 meal Mr. Johnson was able to get to his table safely.