1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Stuffed & Unstrung! (Puppet Up in New York!)

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by ToasterBoy, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Me & The Folks just ordered our tickets for the May 29'th 8pm show. I'm so excited, I can't wait!
  2. ploobis

If you check out the S&U website you will see that Bill Barretta and Jennifer Barnhart are now in the show!
  3. ploobis

4. ploobis

5. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Have a blast! Please tell us all about it.
  6. ploobis

Will do! ;)
  7. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Active Member

Great news! The show's been extended through June! Use coupon by 5/31 for a 25% discount on tix thru 6/16 http://bit.ly/cUQMaK
  8. ploobis

I still can't wait to see Stuffed & Unstrung for the first time! Me and the folks got tickets for the May 29'th 8pm show. ;)

I hope Brian Henson performs in the show I'm gonna see.
  9. ploobis

Wow! The show must be doing really well in NY. I hope one of the shows appear on DVD! Same goes for the TBS Puppet Up - Uncensored special.
  10. ploobis

11. MarieIsabella

MarieIsabella Member

When in June is it ending? I hope I can still see it!
  12. ploobis

I think it ends on June 26'th but you can check out the S&U website to see when it ends in NY.

Me & the folks are seeing the May 29'th 8pm show. The show that was originally gonna be the last show in NY.
  13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I found two clips of Brian, Leslie, and Bill preforming puppets on a morning show to promote it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTwqi5AfjU and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3gPjaQJ1u0. I think it's fun to see Leslie preform with Brian and Bill. I'm just curious, has Leslie ever cursed in one of the shows? I don't she's the type of person who likes to curse. Because in an old Puppet Up clip, she says "ugly as sin" instead of "ugly as s***." I'm just wondering.
  14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's an adult show, so they're bound to swear a few times, even the most pleasant-looking of people. You'd probably never expect Stephanie D'Abruzzo to say stuff like that, but then you see her in Avenue Q.

"Ugly as sin" is an actual phrase, not a censored version of that (listen to "The Ugly Song" from TMS: "I'm ugly, I'm ugly as sin").
  15. antsamthompson9

I suppose you're right.
  16. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Active Member

Leslie is someone I totally admire (like The Smothers Brothers, Bob Newhart, Stan Freberg) who is able to be hilarious, and even adult without swearing. She cares about kids and is completely aware of her image towards children.

That being said, I have heard Ms. Carrara-Rudolph 'let fly' now and then, but always when appropriate and never in a hateful or mean way.

Leslie is amazing and I'm lucky to call her a friend.
  17. antsamthompson9

Okay. And I agree. Leslie is very talented. I might get to meet her, because she's going to be at the Center for Puppetry Arts in September.
  18. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Active Member

If you do ask her how Mr. Beardychins is! :)
  19. ploobis

Hey Friends,

I saw Stuffed & Unstrung on Saturday, May 29'th and here are some pictures of my night! :)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...iewPicture&friendID=155638282&albumId=2578693

The show was better then I ever could have imagined! Their improv was flawless and their performance was perfect!

They also re-created two classic Henson pieces from the 50's & 60's. They re-created "I've Grown accustomed To Your Face" and "Java". That was a great nostalgic touch to the show.

During the couples improv there was an actual marriage proposal on stage! She excepted. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.:cry:

All the puppeteers were nice and very personable. They took a lot of time telling of stories and showing me the puppets.

I highly recommend you see this show if you can! It's a MUST SEE SHOW!
  20. ploobis