1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bandit, Jun 7, 2012.

1. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

AH! Yes! That would be the best, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, our own DVR service seems to be down right now. *shakes fist* How dare you!? Well, it's okay. My sister still has a working DVR. I'll enlist her to record....EVERYTHING! BWAHAHAH
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Just wondering, when does the opening ceremony start? I will admit I always loved watching the opening ceremony.
  3. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

7:30 Eastern so 6:30 for me here on Central time. I guess it depends on where you are, Mr. Hubert. Yeah, I read somewhere that it's all going to come down to a giant Voldemort fighting Mary Poppins. That is absurd......and wonderful! *_*
  4. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

SPOILER!! AHHHHHHH!!!
  5. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

GAH! It's all over the place, goofus! Besides, we don't know anything else about it. ^_^ just that a bunch of Brit characters are going to be showcased like this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Ah. OK. So I guess that's 7:30 for me then. I'll have to try to catch some of it...the only thing that makes it hard is that I have another TV obligation...
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

*arches a brow* Oh dear. That sounds rather formal. I picture a perfect Victorian era gentleman saying this, while checking his pocket watch and rubbing a smudge off the face with his lambskin gloves.
  8. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

BUT DO so! We can all discuss it after! *_*
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

:skeptical::confused:

OK...

I'm glad I look like a Victorian era gentleman, then?
  10. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

SOUND like. I have no idea what you actually look like behind that shaggy littke icon of yours. :) are you tall? Lol
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Gosh no. I'm terribly short...and look a good 8 years younger than I actually am...
  12. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Haha that's totally me roo. A whoppin 5ft 2 and everyone thinks i just started college. Good genes and immaturity go a long way.
  13. Vincent Liu

Here I am awake at 2 am just to find out the actuall thing starts at 4 am? Stupid official Olympics app...
    Anyway, back to sleep.
  14. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wait a minute...that would mean that you're twelve hours different from eastern time, so wouldn't it actually start at 7:30 AM your time instead of 4?
  15. Vincent Liu

No, I calculated the time difference beforehand. I'm watching it now. Will bandit kill me if I say I'm watching it in HD 1080p?

They seem to be reenacting history or something.
  16. Vincent Liu

Mary Poppins!

I think I should stop before this becomes a live feed.
  17. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!! IT BEGINS!!! BWAHAHA!
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*still wondering as to the mechanics of the whole thing, as Vincent seems to have gotten it some 3 hours earlier than the rest of us?*
  19. Vincent Liu

What? I just finished watching the live feed.
  20. Vincent Liu