1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bandit, Jun 7, 2012.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Eh, I really liked the whole Industrial Rev bit, and the Queen and Bond...but yeah. Rowan was COMPLETELY unexpected! I absolutely roared when the light came up on him at the keyboard, and spent the next few mins gasping for air. The man's a comic genius.
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

China and the US have almost the same number of medals! Wonder who will have the most at the end…
  3. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I still love Michael Phelps; in fact, I love him more now. That is all.
  4. Vincent Liu

I wonder why people dislike the Industrial Revolution part. I mean, it's very cultural:attitude:!
  5. HeyButtahfly

I personally found that part of the ceremony boring... it didn't hold my attention, personally, but for others it probably was fascinating. IDK.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Is anyone else amazed that we filled up so many pages worth of excitement for the Olympics, yet now that the Olympics are on, very few people are even posting anything?

And did anyone else notice that bandit apparently took a MC hiatus to watch the Olympics nonstop?
  7. Vincent Liu

I am only excited for the opening/closing ceremonies, the other sports I can't watch due to time zone problems.
    And if I remember correctly, Elmo is supposed to appear sometime. I'm waiting...

Well, countdown: 5 days to the closing ceremonies! Yaaaaay!
  8. Vincent Liu

Taiwan just got a Bronze in Taekwondo! Yaaaay!
  9. newsmanfan

--------------
    I've managed to catch some of the gymnastics and diving, which are really the only events that hold my attention...just 'cos the sheer grace of those disciplines amazes me.

If anyone else caught Djokovic carrying the standard for his nation during the opening...did you think the same thing I did? "Viktor Krum!"
    -------------
  10. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Kenyan Maasai runner David Rudisha was quite amazing in breaking the 800m world record time! :)
  11. catherine

catherine Active Member

I am sorry, I haven't been online on here, I have been watching it all the time from the start.
  12. newsmanfan

----------
    Saw some of the rhythmic gymnastics qualifying rounds today. Yeah, I know people make fun of Dances With Ribbons, but I really like watching it. As someone with ZERO personal grace or coordination, I am always deeply impressed by dancers, acrobats, and these young ladies. Neat. :)

----------------
  13. HeyButtahfly

Rhythmic gymnastics is cool to watch and I totally think it's underrated as a whole, but I get frustrated watching competitions because the scoring is so political.
  14. newsmanfan

Yeah, it does seem very subjective. One routine which impressed me wasn't scored as high as one that seemed too repetitive...go figure. But still fun just to watch.
    -----------------
  15. Vincent Liu

The closing ceremony is tomorrow, 4 am local time. Which is the same day as I have to go to school. I have to leave at 6:30, so I'll miss about 15 minutes of action.
  16. Vincent Liu

I have school tomorrow, but nothing is stopping me from watching the closing ceremonies. Once again, "Yaaaaay!"

(bandit, are you there?)
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I think she's off on an Olympics retreat...she seems to have vanished...
  18. HeyButtahfly

She's off to secretly photograph Michael Phelps...
    Hubert likes this.
  19. Vincent Liu

Anyone watching the live feed? It starts in only 15 minutes!
  20. Vincent Liu

:grr: Stop the commercial breaks!