Teen Dating Prob.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Or you could just write fan mail to her and tell her how much you like her, and how funny, talented, and pretty you think she is. Oh wait, wrong topic. Sorry.

I'm not allowed to go out...yet, but all the girls I liked in school either didn't know who I was, or just plain hated my guts.

That's why I made the right decision: I'm going to be a grown-up bachelor!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You could also write her a small note telling her how you feel.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I think i'm on the same page as Kevin.

Do you own a lawnmower? Im assuming yes. Well, offer to cut her yard for...hmm..let's say 10 bucks? Your foots automatically in the door.. plus, if it doesn't work out.. you got ten dollars.. on top of that.. if she says no.. it was still kind of a half-date.. because you were at her house.

It's a NO LOSE situation!

..but in all seriousness, it is as simple as everyone says.. just go for it.. Ask her if she'd care to go to a movie with you sometime.. or just ask her if she'd like to hang out-outside of school. It seems a lot more difficult because your emotions are in the way, and your probally worried about being rejected.. Try to step outside the situation..and ask yourself what you would tell a friend to do in the same situation!

I sincerly hope that didn't go out of your head.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Like everyone else said, just ask. If it doesn't work out, oh well, forget it, and try to be friends. I liked this girl for a long time and finally asked, when she said no, I was crushed, I waited to long and my feelings for her built up, and BOOM! But we are good friends now and I try to forget about what had happened, but yeah, just ask and dont let other people ask for you, thats a big mistake.

The Whatevers

Reaction score
Let us know when you make your move Joey.

I'm a teen myself and I'm one of those teens who think teen dating is a waste of time but anyway...

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
JoeyMuppet said:
she has had this huge crush on me.I've finally decided to ask her out (because I've also had a crush on her).Well anyway,how can I ask her out,without her laughing in my face?
If she likes you like you said she does you have no problems, just ask her out and it should work out well.:smile: Good Luck!

D'Snowth said:
I'm not allowed to go out...yet, but all the girls I liked in school either didn't know who I was, or just plain hated my guts.

That's why I made the right decision: I'm going to be a grown-up bachelor!
You're not allowed to go out? :sympathy: that doesnt sound good. Who is telling you what to do at age 17? when you reach 16 here in Australia you are considered an adult sortof, and 18 is the legal age to do anything here so if someone had told me what to do at that age I would have told them where to go :stick_out_tongue:

peachesncream

Reaction score
i also agree with the ask her thing.i'm madly in love with this bartender and i go and sit at his bar at least once a week.i drink(for free mostly) and we talk all night. of course since i'm a chicken girl i haven't made a move but it's in the cards.i'm kinda in the same boat i want to ask him to do soemthing but i don't want to mess up our friendship and find a new bar.:embarrassed: i think you can do it though.what's there to lose?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
You're not allowed to go out? :sympathy: that doesnt sound good. Who is telling you what to do at age 17?
My mom, who do you think?
Muppesdownunder said:
when you reach 16 here in Australia you are considered an adult sortof, and 18 is the legal age to do anything here so if someone had told me what to do at that age I would have told them where to go :stick_out_tongue:
Well apparently, in the states, they've bumped the official adult age up to 21.

superfan

Reaction score
peachesncream said:
i also agree with the ask her thing.i'm madly in love with this bartender and i go and sit at his bar at least once a week.i drink(for free mostly) and we talk all night. of course since i'm a chicken girl i haven't made a move but it's in the cards.i'm kinda in the same boat i want to ask him to do soemthing but i don't want to mess up our friendship and find a new bar.:embarrassed: i think you can do it though.what's there to lose?
He's probably a bit of a chicken guy and is waiting for you to make the first move. I also agree with the concern that it might mar an otherwise good friendship. Either way, something's bound to happen...I'd be the one to risk it all and ask him out!
Good luck with that to you too!

P

Princeton

I agree with a plethora of advice that has been given to you. Here is mine:

The last thing you want to do is let it build up. Try not to wait too entirely long to make your (verbal) move. Keep in mind, this advice is coming from somebody who has tried his guts out to find the "forever" (the only kind) kind of love that is out there waiting for him, but is too impatient to let it happen on its own. Now, Joey, I don't know where you stand religiously, but I've been taught that God is the only pre-determiner of your romantic destiny. Now, if your "crush" does reject you, accept it (as hard as it will be), but *never* lose her friendship. In fact, here's what you do: if she says no, your immeadiate reponse should be "Well, are we still friends?" I've been blessed to have had the answer be "yes" every single time. Another blessing of mine is my ability to put my thoughts on paper. If you're not the literary type, that's fine, but at least try to expose your emotions as eloquently as possible in a note form. You'll be extraordinarily pleased with the results.

So, in conclusion, Joey, go for it, and let us know how it goes. I'm very much looking forward to hearing what happens.:wink: