TeeNick adds "90's block", ratings success

Nick22

Reaction score
I love the '90s Nick block. "All That" is one of my favorite show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... they were planning this stuff for some time. They also have DVD's of certain shows they released to launch this. They have T-Shirts and everything if you look at the right stores (J.C. Penny has them... cheaper than the ones they had at Hot Topic to boot). Too bad there's no toy merchandise. I wanna get some Rocko stuff. I find it funny there wasn't any Doug merchandise until Disney did the show. I think I even remembered reading Doug was supposed to be the staple show, and Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy were just the back up plans.

Nick itself is having a hard time making a show that's the next big success. Even if they did have something, they refuse to give it a chance more than a season. Spongebob and FOP are still around. Other than Penguins of Madagascar, I don't know what cartoons are on that network.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Are there any plans to show other shows? I think they should rotate the schedule so it doesnt become stale. Like one week show W, X, Y, Z, then the next week A, B, C, and D. Catdog, Rocko, and Ren and Stimpy all have nightly marathons on Nicktoons, so I think that might be a bit redundant unless they show the episodes they dont normally show.

Anyway, I have Doug set to DVR :big_grin: Aside from Rugrats, it was my favorite Nick show. Maybe because it is alot like Arthur in a way and I have always been a fan of arthur. Its funny though. The episode that was on last night is the only episode that I actually can remember and was even thinking about it a few days ago XD

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I love the new '90s block! I used to watch all of those shows! :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyway, I have Doug set to DVR :big_grin: Aside from Rugrats, it was my favorite Nick show. Maybe because it is alot like Arthur in a way and I have always been a fan of arthur. Its funny though. The episode that was on last night is the only episode that I actually can remember and was even thinking about it a few days ago XD

Arthur stole the Walter Mitty-esque dream sequences... that's probably why. :news:

I don't care what 80's kids say... Nick didn't achieve Nick-ness until the 90's when they did original animation. I've never been a fan of the Kiddy anime they ran, and I always missed out of the wonderful Brit-toons like Duckula and Danger Mouse (I think I saw Bananaman a couple times)... but Ren and Stimpy and Rugrats made the network.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't care what 80's kids say... Nick didn't achieve Nick-ness until the 90's when they did original animation. I've never been a fan of the Kiddy anime they ran
I remember the kiddie animes; some of them were quite bizarre, lol. But still good memories. Nick was very rough around the edges in the early days, but in a cool way. Look at how the slime changed over the years. On You Can't Do That on Television, the slime was like green oatmeal, slightly toxic looking, lol. Later it looked more safe and friendly, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember the kiddie animes; some of them were quite bizarre, lol.
We got something about Koalas, and that was one of several shows Japan did at the time about Koalas because they got some from Australia as a good will gesture to put in a zoo. I know there was one or two more the US didn't get that were similar. And we got the Tatsunoko show about elves, that they changed the character names (which were American to begin with, unless I'm mistaken) to be more Smurfy... Li'l Bits or something with a stupid name like that.

Somehow, I wish we got Anpanman... that would have fit NICELY on the 1980's Nick Jr. schedule. But it just came out about 88, so it probably wouldn't have been dubbed until sometime in 1990, when they dumped those shows. Seriously... it would be so cool to see that show and those characters in the US outside of an Asian grocery. But that's off topic.

The slime... well, it was started by YCDTOTV, but it continued into Double Dare... I don't recall if that was an exclusive to Nick show because I do remember seeing it in local syndication. Then it became part of the network until recently. That's a REAL shame. Considering they purchased the rights to a cartoon series where characters mutate from toxic slime, they really dropped the ball in not keeping that around a little longer. Sigh... remember when they actually sold Nickelodeon slime and gack and goo and stuff?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We got something about Koalas, and that was one of several shows Japan did at the time about Koalas because they got some from Australia as a good will gesture to put in a zoo. I know there was one or two more the US didn't get that were similar. And we got the Tatsunoko show about elves, that they changed the character names (which were American to begin with, unless I'm mistaken) to be more Smurfy... Li'l Bits or something with a stupid name like that.
I remember the Koala show; felt very dark and serious at the time. And yeah my friends and I used to watch Littl' Bits. Again at the time, they were occasionally a bit darker than your average cartoon.

Remember when they actually sold Nickelodeon slime and gack and goo and stuff?
"Nickelodeon Smud! Smud never crumples, never turns to crud!" Lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember the Koala show; felt very dark and serious at the time. And yeah my friends and I used to watch Littl' Bits. Again at the time, they were occasionally a bit darker than your average cartoon.
I'm sure they were even darker in the original Japanese. Tatsunoko's (same compnay that did Li'l bits) Pinocchio and that thing they did about the frogs were rarely upbeat. Why, Pinocchio tried to kill a kid to get a human heart in an episode. Eh, at least that's closer to the original tone than the happy Disney version.... but then again, there's a REASON we remember the happy Disney version.