TeeNick adds "90's block", ratings success

Nick22

Reaction score
I wish Disney Channel would do something like this. I actually enjoy some of Disney Channel's older shows. Like That's So Raven, Lizzie Maguire, Even Stevens. I LOVED those shows.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Like I said, they are too blind to realize they would get a lot more viewers if they showed other shows than the same 5 shows over and over. Actually, they did have something like this on ABC on saturday mornings. I haven't noticed if they still do it though...

They have potential with XD though. Thats the channel they need older shows on. I'm still annoyed they canned Static Shock. Its almost as if they wanted it to pull it when they started to show the same 5 crossover episodes over and over, which honestly were pretty weak.

TSSD

Reaction score
They have potential with XD though. Thats the channel they need older shows on.
That's what Toon Disney was for. Then they ruined it, by adding that stupid Suite Life show, and then by flat out changing the name, along with EVERYTHING about the channel. If they went back to Toon Disney or a different retro channel, and DID start airing all their older shows on it, that would be AMAZING. Unfortunately, Disney just doesn't care. As much as I HATE to admit it, as I'm a big Disney fan, Disney has lost their way, especially when it comes to Disney Channel/DisneyXD. They don't care about the past, only about the now, which, when it comes to Disney Channel and Disney XD, is complete crud, except for Phineas and Ferb.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dont mind My Babbysitter's a Vampire, but apparently its not a Disney original...

I dont understand Disney. They refuse to release DVDs and when they do they are DVD club exclusives. Do they not realize they would make more money? And then theres the "release it then shove it back in the 'vault' until the next format comes along" thing they do.

I do give them credit with I'm In the Band. They mention *gasp* actual rock bands and the main kid wears actual rock band shirts. They are acknowleging real music exists? I'm going to faint!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
That's what Toon Disney was for. Then they ruined it, by adding that stupid Suite Life show, and then by flat out changing the name, along with EVERYTHING about the channel. If they went back to Toon Disney or a different retro channel, and DID start airing all their older shows on it, that would be AMAZING. Unfortunately, Disney just doesn't care. As much as I HATE to admit it, as I'm a big Disney fan, Disney has lost their way, especially when it comes to Disney Channel/DisneyXD. They don't care about the past, only about the now, which, when it comes to Disney Channel and Disney XD, is complete crud, except for Phineas and Ferb.
I agree. Phineas and Ferb is a fantastic show, compared to the other shows that Disney airs. But they need to bring back the older shows I liked:
Lizzie McGuire
Even Stevens
Disney's House of Mouse
Kim Possible
I have seen the marathons the cable channel Nicktoons runs late at night. It's great going down Memory Lane again that way, but they need to play them during the day on Nick instead of the live action stuff that's now taking it over and Spongebob.
It's the same issue with Cartoon Network. The stuff on that channel now is just plain crap!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said, they are too blind to realize they would get a lot more viewers if they showed other shows than the same 5 shows over and over. Actually, they did have something like this on ABC on saturday mornings. I haven't noticed if they still do it though...
Ugh... DO NOT get me started on freaking ABC kids. They've been stuck rerunning the same less than 10 Emperor's New School episodes since 2006! It's 2011! The show was cancelled 3 years ago! No new episodes have been added since. Literally no one watches any of it anymore and it's only on because of FCC requirements. This, of course, must be the doing of the same ABC Daytime exec who said, "People like shows EXACTLY the same as the View! Let's kill soap operas and replace it with the CHEW! Everyone will love a show with a dumb name like that!" The same 10 episodes EVERY Saturday for the past 5 years... calculating... the episodes have been on at least 26 times EACH! NO ONE should get paid for that!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I never really watched it because the quality of the channel that I get is horrible. Everything is fuzzy and the sound is muffled. I didnt realize they show the same episodes over and over, but it doesnt surprise me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
When
I never really watched it because the quality of the channel that I get is horrible. Everything is fuzzy and the sound is muffled. I didnt realize they show the same episodes over and over, but it doesnt surprise me.
You got 3 channels with Saturday morning programming, you basically have nothing to watch. But I gave up trying to watch that network 3 years ago.

Seriously... would it kill them to at least run the rest of that series AND Replacements? or better yet, replace everything? At least squeeze out SOME effort? I'll spare the whole Saturday Mornings = Tumbleweeds speech... but really... easiest job in the world to get paid to do ONE thing for one year and never ever ever having to do anything ever again.

Sigh... I miss One Saturday morning. There was a solid effort there. Even Recess wasn't reran that much and people actually liked it.

Back to the subject... I still don't get why Disney scrapped it's Soapnet for yet another 24/7 preschool channel when they have SOOOO much else they can use to fill a channel. Movies, cartoons, classic TV shows... Who wants to watch Bob the Builder Handy Manny at 3 Am? Don't say 3 AM feedings because babies wouldn't notice the difference if you had a strobelight and a cheap music box playing. And Babies shouldn't WATCH TV anyway.