TeeNick adds "90's block", ratings success

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Are there any plans to show other shows? I think they should rotate the schedule so it doesnt become stale. Like one week show W, X, Y, Z, then the next week A, B, C, and D. Catdog, Rocko, and Ren and Stimpy all have nightly marathons on Nicktoons, so I think that might be a bit redundant unless they show the episodes they dont normally show.
Here's a list of shows that TeenNick plans to run in the near future:

• Aaahh!! Real Monsters
  • The Adventures of Pete and Pete
  • The Amanda Show
  • Are You Afraid of the Dark?
  • CatDog
  • Family Double Dare
  • GUTS
  • Hey Arnold!
  • Hey Dude
  • Legends of the Hidden Temple
  • Ren and Stimpy
  • Rocket Power
  • Rocko's Modern Life
  • Rugrats
  • Salute Your Shorts
  • The Secret World of Alex Mack
  • Weinerville
The network has also offers to include other 90s Nick shows upon request.
The block airs Tuesdays through Saturdays from 12:00 am to 2:00 am, with an encore from 2 to 4 am.

But if you're like me and you don't get TeenNick (man, you guys with satellite are lucky!), the network's website offers full episodes: http://90sareallthat.teennick.com/?xid=paid-google-nick90s&kw=90s are all that/

TSSD

Reaction score
I really love this block! The best part is how open Nick seems to be to listening to their fans when it comes to ideas for shows to air, possible time slots, etc. I really hope that this sticks around for as long as possible!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It's a great line-up... but it really needs to be on earlier. I'm already dozing off by the second hour and Clarissa Explains It All and Doug are the two shows that hold up the best! :sleep:

Drtooth

Reaction score
All of it sounds great EXCEPT Rocket Power. I still struggle to find the appeal of that one. It was all just5 a sign of the 90's Extreme everything when everything had to be extreme, and fat little kids were shoving their faces with Extreme junk food watching sports they would never even bother to do.

But everything else sounds great. Especially full episodes online

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
So what's everybody's favorite 90s Nick show(s)? I always loved Rugrats (until Kimi was added), Doug, the original All That, Clarissa Explains it All, Hey Arnold!, Angry Beavers (which is strangely missing from the list), Kenan and Kel, the list goes on.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
EDIT: Something else I forgot to mention, CatDog, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and Rugrats also are currently being aired on Nicktoons Network.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All of it sounds great EXCEPT Rocket Power. I still struggle to find the appeal of that one. It was all just5 a sign of the 90's Extreme everything when everything had to be extreme, and fat little kids were shoving their faces with Extreme junk food watching sports they would never even bother to do.
Yeah that show rubbed me the wrong way too. The kids were always bragging about how great and talented they were. Why would I want to watch that? Lol

As far as Nick cartoons, I watched a ton of Doug and Rugrats (before they both jumped the shark, hehe). Occasionally Rocko's Modern Life (really clever show though!).

As far as live action, Pete & Pete was an INCREDIBLE show that blew my mind every single time, lol. Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts were way better than most adult sitcoms, lol. I wasn't afraid of Are You Afraid of the Dark, heh, but they still had great stories. Legends of the Hidden Temple never got old (though you'd think it would after awhile! Lol). I watched Clarissa Explains it All constantly; I think people just really responded to how personal it was with Clarissa talking to you and treating you like a friend (and her brother Ferguson was hilarious, lol).

I know I'll sound like an old fogie, but today's live action kids shows just can't compete. They talk down to kids too much and assume they can't comprehend real humor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah that show rubbed me the wrong way too. The kids were always bragging about how great and talented they were. Why would I want to watch that? Lol

Out of all the Nicktoons I've seen (I don't think it fair to pan ones I didn't see yet), the ONLY one I didn't find enjoyable was that one. EVEN As Told By Ginger and Pelswick I enjoyed. Even to some extent "Rugrats become teenagers after a what if special that was cute, but now it resembles everything else on the network" had some moments. Though ti be fair, I LOVE Ren and Stimpy, but most of the post John K episodes were just... disturbing. I LOVED the one where Stimpy makes a cartoon, but the one where they live in a whale carcase? Of course, in the case of CN, I liked most of their shows too, only disliking the terrible Monkey lab partner thing... Lazlo was a disappointment considering how awesome Rocko was. I'm more upbeat about cartoons than people think. Heck, I can find enjoyment in Johnny Test.

Cartoons I hate are quite awful. Street Sharks? Cool toys, cool character designs... I liked the villain concept, but a poor mans TMNT...

I always felt mixed about the live action shows. I never had Nick, so I had to watch at friend's houses. While I like Pete and Pete and All that and LOVED Double Dare, some times I just was annoyed the cartoons (Ren and Stimpy especially... I LOVED that when I was 10, even the bad episodes) were rarely on when I was over. Same reason I disliked stuff like David the Gnome. I just wanted Duckula to be on so I could see it.

In retrospect, I don't mind the 20 year wait it took to see Duckula and Dangermouse... I don't think I would have fully appreciated the British humor in those ones.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
quite good idea on nick behalf they get more viewers on their channel so nick has this cn has boomerang i wonder if disney will try to do something i hope this block makes it to the uk if not i shall be cross as nick has not released one dvd here in the uk or on itunes