Terrible Rumor: Muppet*Vision 3D to close in DisneyLand California

muppetlover123

Reaction score
What's TMA again? "The Muppet Adventure?" While it would be a shame if they closed MV3D in Disneyland, as people mentioned we still have the one in Disneywolrd. Not to get off track, but I remember how sad I was when Universal closed down the Back To the Future ride. I'm a huge fan of the film, and loved the ride. Still, the "futuristic" part takes place in 2015:smile: , so it's a little dated to say the least.

TMA is The Muppets...Again the new muppet film :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You see... I don't understand why they don't want to put the money to expanding the park itself, and keeping some of the older attractions. It would be expensive, but it's not like going to Disneyworldland Adventure costs 4 bucks per person. Disney has a Muppet Movie to promote, keeping that attraction up will help the movie's marketing, and the movie will make the ride more successful as a result.

I don't mind the idea of a Pixar area, since Pixar's their main money maker, but how much more do they really need? Toy Story, Nemo, Cars, and Monsters Inc are their franchise films. Those are the only ones that really make the kiddy dollars they want. other than costumed walk abouts of the other films, I don't see what they think they need to ad.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It makes no sense to close an attraction that they just made a comeback with, and are still buiding up with, with even more movies coming in the future.

Y'know that Monsters Inc ride that the rumor states will be there? My family has always been saying how a ride like that would be good in Disney Parks. Great! Now a rumor shows that it will be coming, but in the spot of my favorite attraction!

If this sadly ends up being true, I'm trying as hard as I can to make a trip out to L.A. to see it before it goes. I'll be really sad if this is true.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I should point out that even though I've never been to Disney's California Adventure, I do know that this ride is right next to Muppet*Vision 3D there.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You see... I don't understand why they don't want to put the money to expanding the park itself, and keeping some of the older attractions. It would be expensive, but it's not like going to Disneyworldland Adventure costs 4 bucks per person. Disney has a Muppet Movie to promote, keeping that attraction up will help the movie's marketing, and the movie will make the ride more successful as a result.

I don't mind the idea of a Pixar area, since Pixar's their main money maker, but how much more do they really need? Toy Story, Nemo, Cars, and Monsters Inc are their franchise films. Those are the only ones that really make the kiddy dollars they want. other than costumed walk abouts of the other films, I don't see what they think they need to ad.
Personally, I'm waiting for an entire land based on the Luxo Jr. shorts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously... I can't believe Pixar gets so much hate from two movies when Sony Animation exists. I do respect them for hiring Genddy Tartikofsky, though. Too bad they don't let him and his old Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack friends write them.

Still... Cars 2. Really? They've made Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, or as I like to call it, Toriko for morons. And Hotel Transylvania was their magnum opus! I'm deathly afraid of what they're going to do with Popeye.