The "Adventure Time" Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
AT and RS ending, I have no problem with. They had good long runs, giving them plenty of time to explore the world and characters. It's stuff like Wander that has me fumed, as that was still kept wide open for another season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
RS and AT should have enough time to come up with satisfying endings. Heck, with RS, if it wasn't for the Under the Dome arc, they could have ended at Rigby's graduation, and had it not been for the Rigby's back to school arc, even the movie would be a satisfying end. Gumball seems to be on the creation staff, and recent episodes pretty much show how the show's going to end anyway. And if rumors of Steven Universe are true, as long as they wrap everything up by the end, I'm fine with it. I'm more annoyed by the fact UG got screwed with it's fake renewal of "we have enough episodes in production to split into 2 broadcast seasons." And also more annoyed at the poor treatment of Wabbit, Be Cool Scooby-Doo (as Scooby is WB's personal cash cow outside of DC comics), Tom and Jerry Show, and especially Bunnicula, since unlike the others, wasn't just dumped on Boomerang and just disappeared.

It just feels like all these shows, spread out among the three channels, have been given the axe at once. Plus, I'm sure the way they air Adventure Time, it's more likely going to finish in 2019.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It just feels like all these shows, spread out among the three channels, have been given the axe at once. Plus, I'm sure the way they air Adventure Time, it's more likely going to finish in 2019.
They've also got a theatrical movie coming up next year, I believe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On a more positive note, the Lego Dimensions Adventure Time sets are out. Kinda wish I had the cash to buy them, even though I don't have the game. The actual official Lego set removed from the game will be more Mixel like, building the characters out of Lego pieces, rather than standard Lego Minifigs. Don't know when that's due out, though.

Are you sure that it's still happening? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.
I really hope it is, considering the only other theatrically released CN movie was PPG, and that didn't go over well.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really hope it is, considering the only other theatrically released CN movie was PPG, and that didn't go over well.
That brings me to something else. While I really really want to see an AT movie get made, hasn't that ship sailed? I mean, the show isn't quite as popular as it used to be, so I feel like it should've been out like a few years ago. I think that was one of the major reasons the PPG movie flopped, it came out about two years too late.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel the ship has sailed unless they plan on making it a finale movie. Which they probably won't. PPG's film was the reason for the show's fall, and it stinks that was the case. I get that the film was dark and all and there really wasn't much call for Cerebus Rollercoaster back then. And yes, the actual show's fourth season had some dark episodes in there. It was something only fans can appreciate as a film, and the episodes that followed it were garbage to the extent that it's the reason why I'm not crapping all over the remake. Heck, it was a really good movie for PPG fans, just not too many else out there.

The again, the film made back its budget, but wasn't considered successful enough to bother throwing money at marketing the film elsewhere, which would have probably made the film a profitable venture and the KND film probably would have got a theatrical release.

I agree AT as a movie was a long time coming. Then again, how is any of that going to work as a film? That's why it took the Simpsons so long to make a movie and not to make one again almost 10 years later (unless you count the short, but I don't). Stakes is a good indication they could make a feature length film about the characters, but it would have to be a very long canon, important to the characters story...one that I doubt they'd be able to work into the last season anyway. Had this happened a couple of years prior, I'd totally see a movie working.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Guys, guess what. Cartoon Network is finally airing AT this week!

Also, it looks like CN's Youtube channel has been uploading/reuploading a bunch of songs from the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Isn't on the schedule. Clarence is, though. At least there's that.

Here's what I don't get. The network moved adult swim ahead an hour to make more time on CN's schedule, and probably because KOTH reruns aren't much of a draw, and they still can't find their anchor show a spot on the network. I get that they need to rotate the shows on the schedule. I understand they can't have every show new at once. But while they did use that extra hour for new Regular Show and reruns of Steven Universe for two weeks, they're just using it for more Gumball airings. Not even reruns of AT. No wonder why they cancelled it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, how 'bout that two-part season finale? We got to see Susan Strong get a "strong" focus,
which also reveals that she really is a human, but with cybernetic implants.
And Rattleballs makes his triumphant return, too. :smile: