The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like when it comes to old cartoons, they always use ONE specific credit sequence (opening and closing) for syndicated reruns, and I remember when I was a kid watching, the opening credits used was always instrumental, so when I saw the Season One opening credits on YT for the first time, it was a surprising experience for me because I was not aware there were lyrics, lol.
Both opening themes were included when Nickelodeon broadcast the series and the specials. I don't know if The Disney Channel showed both openings (I'm guessing not... I didn't have The Disney Channel at the time the channel showed The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show so I only saw it occassionally at other people's houses), but whenever a Peanuts special was shown on that channel they'd just show the end of the opening.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both opening themes were included when Nickelodeon broadcast the series and the specials. I don't know if The Disney Channel showed both openings (I'm guessing not... I didn't have The Disney Channel at the time the channel showed The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show so I only saw it occassionally at other people's houses), but whenever a Peanuts special was shown on that channel they'd just show the end of the opening.
Yeah, I only saw TCBASS on Disney Channel as a kid, and as a matter of fact, I have an centuries old tape with Halloween cartoons taped off TV on it with an episode of the show for some reason; according to the episode guide, it's the second episode of Season One, but again, it has the instrumental opening from Season Two.

I guess it all depends on the market, because on some local stations, the old Rocky and Bullwinkle show always had The Bullwinkle Show credit sequences on all the syndicated episodes, yet I think Cartoon Network made their own opening of the various characters infront of a checkered background and such... meanwhile, didn't Nickelodeon rename the show "Moose-O-Rama" or something?

Of course then again, it must not apply to ALL cartoons - as whenever I've watched The Flintstones or The Snorks on Cartoon Network as a kid, they usually had their respective credit sequences of the season.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, I only saw TCBASS on Disney Channel as a kid, and as a matter of fact, I have an centuries old tape with Halloween cartoons taped off TV on it with an episode of the show for some reason; according to the episode guide, it's the second episode of Season One, but again, it has the instrumental opening from Season Two.
I thought the instrumental opening was from season one.

By the way, does anybody know if there are any good Peanuts message boards?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Curious, I looked around to see what I could find, and amazingly, I didn't see any Peanuts forums. O.O

There might be some Yahoo! Groups or something, but those aren't really good, because people tend to forget about them easily, and after a while if there's no activity, the owner will shut it down. Sometimes they'll even reject you - I remember one time I joined a group, introduced myself as a new member whatnot, and two days later I got the boot and I didn't even do anything. :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's a shame.

One character I'd like to talk about is Roy, who was around in the late 1960s. He was introduced in a storyline where Charlie Brown met Roy at camp, and then the enxt year Roy met Linus at camp, and then he was responsible for introducing Peppermint Patty to the gang, and was sort of like Peppermint Patty's best friend until Marcie was introduced, but otherwise I don't know much about him. He was in a few of the aniamted specials (and Snoopy Come Home) but never got any lines, not even in He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown, where he visits Peppermint Patty in two scenes. Patty just does the talking (but it does create some funny irony, with Patty telling him about how Snoopy doens't talk, yet Roy doesn't talk at all during that visit).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed a few characters within the Peanuts universe getting attention for a while, then later kind of fading away, then later still resurfacing a little bit.

Like Violet for example and Frieda (that's her name isn't it? The one with the "naturally curly hair")?

Pig Pin also seemed to kinda come and go through out the years... and does anyone know anything about those twins in A Charlie Brown Christmas?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Like Violet for example and Frieda (that's her name isn't it? The one with the "naturally curly hair")?

Pig Pin also seemed to kinda come and go through out the years... and does anyone know anything about those twins in A Charlie Brown Christmas?
I thought Violet and Frieda were both major for quite a few years... Frieda might have been just a few years, thoug.

Those twins were 3 and 4, sisters to 5, who appeared for quite a long time in the strips and specials (You're in Love, Charlie Brown was the only other special with the twins) but was mostly a backgroudn character. I think 5 was pretty much only major in his first week, where he explains that his father gave him and his sisters numbers instead of names. In my opinion 5 looked like a clean version of Pigpen.

And there's also Charolette Braun, who lasted a week in, I think 1952. All her strips invovled one of two gags: The similarity between the sound of her and Charlie Brown's names, and the fact that she always talked really loud (which must have been hard to achieve in a comic strip).