The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Sounds like a good 'munk attempt at The Caped Crusader to me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Batmunk" was pretty good.

Cool seeing Simon the hero, and Alvin the villain... but in the end, Brittany kind of falling for Theodore, thinking he was Batmunk was kind of awkward, but then again, Brittany HAS to be the leading lady for the most part of most "Go to the Movies" episodes.

Jeanette was leading lady of "Sploosh", I don't think Eleanor ever got to be the leading lady, but then again, Eleanor seemed to be sort of pushed aside a lot. Sure, she had some big moments in The Chipmunk Adventure, and she pretty much was the leading lady of the wolfman movie, but on the show, she only had like one episode that focused mainly on her. Jeanette had a few, Brittany had a lot, but Eleanor really only had the one.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think the sterotype of heavily-set (or big-boned) girls may have been a factor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the sterotype of heavily-set (or big-boned) girls may have been a factor.
But Eleanor WASN'T a stereotypcial heavy-set girl. As a matter of fact, she embraced living large.

Not to mention the fact that several people speculate her "bulk" is really muscle since she always goes out for sports (soccer, football, basketball, even swimming); if you ask me, I think she should've been given a lot more screen time, because she seems like the perfect fictional female rolemodel for little girls with the way she never lets sexism ruin her esteem (ala when Alvin refused to let her join his soccer team solely because she's a girl), and they way she always shows unconditional love for other people, even if they're mean to her.
Poor Eleanor! I never noticed she was so underrated before...
Like Alvin before her, Brittany's always stealing the spotlight.

Either way you look at it BOTH Jeanette and Eleanor are outshined to a degree. As I've mentioned before with Eleanor, it's the exact opposite with Jeanette - she's had at least three (that I can think of) episodes that focus either mainly, or partly on her, but as far as the movies were concerned, she was just kind of there, not really contributing much (save for maybe the whole "Gettin' Lucky" sequence); but again, it stems from Brittany outshining them.

But yes, Eleanor is TERRIBLE under-rated. Not with me though, although I so love Jeanette, Ellie comes in a very close second!