The Collector's Club...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
$30 sounds fair. I'm willing to join (though it probably won't help me with VC Beaker, unless Ken needs another reference tape:smile:

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

supertulip

Reaction score
I'd be most willingly to pay a fee to join, I (almost) don't care how much. As long as it gives me the opportunity to buy the exclusive figures, it'd be worth every penny. And if it also involved emails informing me about when the next figures were coming out and what they were and where they were being sold (even better if I could just buy them all through the club) that would be invaluable to me as I have a little trouble keeping up with all of that stuff on here sometimes!

~Tulip

Luke

Reaction score
I think we are probably jumping the gun a little bit but i like Muppetquilters ideas best. I just didn't think there had been any real mentions from Palisades of exclusive club figures, t-shirts, membership cards etc etc. I just basically thought it was like an email newsletter and it enabled you to buy any exclusive at the regular exclusive price plus shipping. I think perhaps to stop these ebay snipers and also to be fair to everyone that you should only be able to buy one of each figure per membership or whatever.

I think this is probably the simplest way and cheapest - so around $15 seems quite reasonable. Obviously if this is done with all the bells and whistles of club exclusive figures and t-shirts then i'd expect to pay a little more.

Foreignman

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a big DITTO(wasn't kidding when I said a big ditto) to everything Muppetquilter said.

radionate

Reaction score
I think that if the club dues were $35.00 it should include a club exclusive figure. Just a simple re-paint, like a Kermit with a club exlusive shirt (like the S.D. animal repaint)

towels

Reaction score
I wanna agree with Luke on this one. $35 seems way high. (It could buy you the whole non-exclusive Series 1 that is out right now). $15 seems pretty reasonable, and if potential eBay scalpers want to pay the equivilent of 3 figures to get 2, so be it!
I also wouldn't think the membership of the club (a smaller portion of the Muppet Central membership) would warrant an exclusive. Heck, they could probably just offer production samples as club exclusives- perhaps as a random grab bag (maybe you'll get mutant Beaker, maybe you'll get hairy Piggy, maybe you'll get a bag of Rabbit feet :smile: )

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Thanks! My ideas were really off the top of my head-- I've never owned an action figure before the Muppet line, so I really know nothing about how these sorts of clubs work.

I agree with others who said the number of each figure a member can buy should be limited. I'd like to be able to buy two (as I am collecting these figures for myself, my husband, and my daughter-- she can't play with them now, as she is only 2, but she'll love them in a few years).

Luke-- I don't think Palisades has mentioned exclusive-club figures or cards or anything, but they did ask for suggestions about what we would want from a club and what we would pay....

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
As much as I agree also with the system MuppetQuilter came up with, I don't think it is realistic. If Palisades develops this collector's club, I'm sure they would want to keep things as simple as possible- get the orders in, and ship them out- without devising different packages & keeping record of who gets what & who is entitled to what.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Oh-- I didn't mean there would be different levels of membership, you're right, that would be way too confusing and complex.

I was indicating what I thought would be a reasonable club at each price level. Meaning, if membership costs $35 the club needs to provide more stuff, but if membership is $15 it could provide less. Does that make sense? I definitely think there should be one club, with one membership fee and you either pay it and join, or don't pay it and don't join.