1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Collector's Club...

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MM-III, Jun 20, 2002.

1. kane31666 New Member

Mike Horn, I can't wait to hear the plan to get us VC Beakers.
  2. MuppetQuilter Member

Uncleduke is right! Perhaps instead of just saying how great Palisades is and how much we appreciate the input on the line and the effort to get us the exclusives we should do something a tad more constructive. Maybe write some letters to the editor of ToyFare complimenting Palisades for customer service that goes way above and beyond? Maybe we could file some complimentary reports with the Better Business Bureau? I don't really know what is more beneficial for a company like Palisades, but we do owe them a big thank you!
  3. Michael Crawford New Member

And another reason it isn't cheap...

Mike didn't mention this, but I don't think Palisades is set up to ship figures in any kind of quantity. Getting a place set up to ship product, including space to store the figures, means spending money. Your initial fee doesn't just pay for an email newsletter, it pays for someone to manage the club, which can be a pretty hectic thing.

Remember, McToys had Chet. What's happened to the club since he left? MAC has a club - what's really become of it though? Mezco is trying, and they are still in the early stages. It's a little more complicated than just having a list of names, and lots of companies have learned that it really wasn't worth their while.

There's one that has done quite well, and lasted a long time - the Star Wars Fan Club. They are $30 a year, and you pretty much just get a newsletter. They certainly aren't perfect, but that gives you an idea of how much money it takes to make it worthwhile. I'm betting that anything Palisades could do would have to be $25 a year just to cover the cost to manage and maintain.

Michael
    MWC
  4. Gorgon Heap Active Member

Tux Kermit

Hey where can you order Tux Kermit online? I've tried my local TRU and they haven't been much help so far; I give them the SKU but nothing shows up on their computer.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  5. Jara19 New Member

6. uncleduke New Member

Re: Tux Kermit

David,

Try Toysrus.com (part of Amazon, you can get there through them as well)

They are $14.95, so if you find some other stuff you want, use this code for $5 off of $35: CHNKBKAMZNLT
  7. Luke Active Member

Yeah but Michael the Star Wars fan club does a LOT more than handle merchandise - they manage the ENTIRE cast and previous cast fan mail system.

I think we have to be thinking a little more basic and cheaper for the Muppets - Sideshow Toys (Muppet Busts) are offering discounts and an email newsletter for free, and they are releasing in waves exaclty like Palisades. Also Palisades are already starting their own store so plans would be there to ship out stuff.
  8. Jackie New Member

I'd manage the club for a cut of the money!
  9. radionate New Member

We could start a muppet mafia to cause a couple of figures to "fall off" the back of some Toys R Us trucks!
  10. Foreignman New Member

A Muppet mafia already exists, haven't you everseen the Frogfather?:D
  11. radionate New Member

I've seen the Dog Father!
  12. Luke Active Member

I vote the job goes to Jackie (possibly with Emmy as the Robin to her Batman).
  13. Foreignman New Member

What are you, dislexic? (Muppet Central is the only place you could have a fun conversation like this and have people actually understand what you're talking about, wow a whole sentence in perenthasees, good for me).
  14. radionate New Member

No no, the Dogfather. It stars our very own Brown Ears!!!!! (there is a picture of it somewhere on my computer)
  15. Foreignman New Member

No, I was just making a joke, because dog is god backwards and.... oh nevermind... Anyway, I'm well aware of The Dogfather, it's one of my favorite movies, it's almost as good as the Frogfather. [IMG]
  16. radionate New Member

Well aren't you punny!
  17. EmmyMik New Member

Holy crazed Muppet fans, Batman... I mean Jackie!
  18. Yeah man, Jackie's certainly MEAN enough to get the job done!! :eek:

Really!

She is!

FRYMYHIDE!!!!!!!!

:D
  19. Joe New Member

Re: Tux Kermit

I've had no problem with the TRU computers, the SKN # listed on toysrus.com (SKN: 531254) works fine, it comes up as MC kermit 6" (or something like that. "Muppets" or "TUXEDO"(because he's Master of Ceremonies, hence the MC) do not come up) unfortunately not a TRU in the state has them yet :(

as for the Collectors Club, I think it's a great idea! it beats mailing myself to Chicago any day :) I'm not a business person, so I have no idea what should be charged/given away(Joe likes pins especially, as well as the shirts and hats) but I'm sure running a club of this sort would be a lot of work, heck, even a Yahoo! club can be trouble at times. ;)
  20. Jackie New Member

We can do it Emmy! I can store the figures in my attic! hehe! And Byron is right, i can be mean if it means getting the job done. Just watch....

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:)