The Collector's Club...

kane31666

Reaction score
Mike Horn, I can't wait to hear the plan to get us VC Beakers.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Uncleduke is right! Perhaps instead of just saying how great Palisades is and how much we appreciate the input on the line and the effort to get us the exclusives we should do something a tad more constructive. Maybe write some letters to the editor of ToyFare complimenting Palisades for customer service that goes way above and beyond? Maybe we could file some complimentary reports with the Better Business Bureau? I don't really know what is more beneficial for a company like Palisades, but we do owe them a big thank you!

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
And another reason it isn't cheap...

Mike didn't mention this, but I don't think Palisades is set up to ship figures in any kind of quantity. Getting a place set up to ship product, including space to store the figures, means spending money. Your initial fee doesn't just pay for an email newsletter, it pays for someone to manage the club, which can be a pretty hectic thing.

Remember, McToys had Chet. What's happened to the club since he left? MAC has a club - what's really become of it though? Mezco is trying, and they are still in the early stages. It's a little more complicated than just having a list of names, and lots of companies have learned that it really wasn't worth their while.

There's one that has done quite well, and lasted a long time - the Star Wars Fan Club. They are $30 a year, and you pretty much just get a newsletter. They certainly aren't perfect, but that gives you an idea of how much money it takes to make it worthwhile. I'm betting that anything Palisades could do would have to be $25 a year just to cover the cost to manage and maintain.

Michael
MWC

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Tux Kermit

Hey where can you order Tux Kermit online? I've tried my local TRU and they haven't been much help so far; I give them the SKU but nothing shows up on their computer.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

uncleduke

Reaction score
Re: Tux Kermit

Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Hey where can you order Tux Kermit online? I've tried my local TRU and they haven't been much help so far; I give them the SKU but nothing shows up on their computer.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

David,

Try Toysrus.com (part of Amazon, you can get there through them as well)

They are $14.95, so if you find some other stuff you want, use this code for $5 off of $35: CHNKBKAMZNLT

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah but Michael the Star Wars fan club does a LOT more than handle merchandise - they manage the ENTIRE cast and previous cast fan mail system.

I think we have to be thinking a little more basic and cheaper for the Muppets - Sideshow Toys (Muppet Busts) are offering discounts and an email newsletter for free, and they are releasing in waves exaclty like Palisades. Also Palisades are already starting their own store so plans would be there to ship out stuff.

Jackie

Reaction score
I'd manage the club for a cut of the money!

radionate

Reaction score
We could start a muppet mafia to cause a couple of figures to "fall off" the back of some Toys R Us trucks!

Foreignman

Reaction score
A Muppet mafia already exists, haven't you everseen the Frogfather?:big_grin: