The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Ok, is it me, or does anybody else find it totally ridiculous that people under the age of 20 complain about Valentines Day because they haven't found a date or the person to spend the rest of their lives with? I think that it's something that you shouldn't worry about until you're at least 17 or so. I only worry about it because I'm probably the only single guy in my whole family. I include, of course, cousins, aunts/uncles, everybody. I'm the only single guy. That's kinda depressing when ya think about it.

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've been lucky, because when I was a kid I don't think there was a single studn't om my class that I did not recive a card or smothing from.

What's up with the popularity contest these day's?

Skye

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
What's up with the popularity contest these days?
I don't know. But, I do think it's really sad that there are some students who don't get anything on Valentine's Day while others do. That's not very fair. When I was younger (in elementary school, like you mentioned, Morgan Clueless), the teacher would try and make sure that everyone brought something for everyone else so that every single kid in the class would have a whole bunch of 'em. It's sad that some people feel left out on Valentine's Day like that.

Daniel, I don't think they're necessarily worrying about the fact that they haven't found someone to spend the rest of their lives with, I think they're just complaining about not having a date, because that's stereotypically what this holiday is about. And I don't think it's ridiculous, but I don't think it's really necessary to worry or complain too much about. Anyway, I'm sorry that you're the only guy in your family who's single. But if that's the main or only reason you worry about it (I don't know if it is, or if you do worry about it because you want a date/girlfriend, also), then you shouldn't let it bother you too much. But either way, I think it'll be cool for you to be able to spend V-Day with your girl when you do find her. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
My teacher was the same way. But it's really sad when such young children feel they have to act that way

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
LOL! They'll find anything to capitalize on. That's just halairous to me! I mean nobody said that everybody had to like a holiday. It's just whatever a person feels I guess.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
One thing I don't get is why Valentines day has to be such a dark day. Like it or not, it was meant to be a happy day! Not a dark one. You can give a card to a friend wishing them a happy day without being in love with them. Why soed something that was meant for fun have to be so dark?

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's days like that in which people basically tell you if you're single, that "If you're single, you should just slit your wrist now because you don't matter in society anymore" either that or give you that sarcastic "You're lucky, you get to save all your money" and all that stuff. If you send something to your friend, it's awkward, mostly because it's an admission of love to that person. Not plutonic love, but real love. That is why guys can't give Valentine's to other guys unless you're gay. That's just the way it is, I don't make the rules.

Daniel

Skye

Reaction score
It is a friend's holiday, too. Although, maybe I'm weird, but I've always felt that unless you're younger, giving Valentine's to people of the opposite gender generally means you have romantic feelings for them, too.

And Daniel, I don't personally see anything wrong with guys giving Valentine's to other guys. Again, maybe I'm weird, I don't know.