The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
It is a friend's holiday, too. Although, maybe I'm weird, but I've always felt that unless you're younger, giving Valentine's to people of the opposite gender generally means you have romantic feelings for them, too.

And Daniel, I don't personally see anything wrong with guys giving Valentine's to other guys. Again, maybe I'm weird, I don't know.
I don't know dear. I mean last year my dad got cards for all his co workers and this year he didn't get anything come home in a hurry on his lunch hour and scrounge up as much candy as he could around the house because he said that everybody had candy and flowers and stuff and he felt really bad. LOL!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Eh, it's just all tricky. You try and give things out, some people will get the wrong impression. Some won't mind at all.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I sure they all relize that it's just a day of giving. It's somthing to say that you care about sombody, not that you're in love with them or anything, you know.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, well sorry but I won't let it bother me this year. I won't allow what's supposed to be a good moral holiday to be spoiled for me, just because companies and popular kids have hijacked and corrupted it. :wink:

I will take it as a day when I can show important people in my life what they mean to me. :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Well, after 21 Valentine's days without someone, there finally may be a possibility that I may finally get a Valentine of my very own! As my late maternal grandmother always said, "Everything happens for a reason."

BJ

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yup, and the all important "You never know." :smile:

And I just won't listen to people who say St. Valentine's Day is only for couples.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Valentine's Day isn't just for couples.. it's also for people who like chocolate and small, stuffed gorillas with little hearts on their chests :flirt: .. and I must say, as someone who studied primatology in college, I do love the gorillas :zany:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, and who said you only had to extend valentines to significant others? Didn't any of your schools pass out valentines to everyone in your class(es) on Valentines Day? Didn't you all have parties with cookies and punch and crap like that?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah we had St. Valentine's Day parties and card exchanging in grammar and middle school and that was nice. I even got on romantic card, hehe. The trouble started in High School when even the teachers made it almost a requirement to have a date to dances, heh.

But it's OK, I'll try to treasure the grammar/middle school Valentine memories. :smile: