The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah we had St. Valentine's Day parties and card exchanging in grammar and middle school and that was nice. I even got on romantic card, hehe. The trouble started in High School when even the teachers made it almost a requirement to have a date to dances, heh.

But it's OK, I'll try to treasure the grammar/middle school Valentine memories. :smile:
Whoa, if that's the case, then I guess I can see why Valentine's Day can be sucky for some people, I don't think I'd ever have a date on Valentine's Day in high school.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Whoa, if that's the case, then I guess I can see why Valentine's Day can be sucky for some people
Yeah I do think it's wrong for fellow students and teachers to emphasize the couple thing so much. It's a very delicate topic for young people. And also just because you have a date in High School, doesn't mean you'll have one the next year. The emphasis can be on romance, but it should also be on general love as well. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
High school sucks anyway. I mean, unless you're either one of the popular people, the pretty people, or one of the people no one notices and slides under the radar, you're NOT going to have a fun time.

Valentines is yet another hoilday that's better when you're a kid, or have something to do and somewhere to go. I have fond memories of Darkwing Duck valentines. I wish I bought a second pack and left it un opened. Now those little kiddy paper good valentines are the best thing about that holiday. Why, I still buy boxes and do nothing with them. Of course, I buy them just for posters they come with though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
High school sucks anyway. I mean, unless you're either one of the popular people, the pretty people, or one of the people no one notices and slides under the radar, you're NOT going to have a fun time.
Tell me about it!

b0bb33z3r

Reaction score
heh, I'm engaged and I hate Valentine's day too. We celebrate day before Valentines day and we only give gifts that we've made for each other. We don't buy into the hype about the need for jewelry, flowers, candy, stereos, electronics, etc. Besides, the rock I got her is enough jewelery for the next 50 Valentines days ;P

D'Snowth

Reaction score
heh, I'm engaged and I hate Valentine's day too. We celebrate day before Valentines day and we only give gifts that we've made for each other. We don't buy into the hype about the need for jewelry, flowers, candy, stereos, electronics, etc. Besides, the rock I got her is enough jewelery for the next 50 Valentines days ;P
Whoa, when did jewelry, stereos, and electronics become a part of Valentine's Day?

Teheheman

Reaction score
Didn't you know Snowthy? Buying somebody things is a symbol of love. That's the way it works now. It's not how much you love me in terms of emotions, it's how much you buy me in terms of $.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't you know Snowthy? Buying somebody things is a symbol of love. That's the way it works now. It's not how much you love me in terms of emotions, it's how much you buy me in terms of $.

Daniel
Dang... just when you thought Christmas was the biggest commercial racket as far as holidays are concerned...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, who wants to be my Valentine? Put your bids early, folks, this one'll be tough competition! :wink:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm..........that sounds like a good idea. I'll have my own MC reality show in this thread to see who will be my Valentine. Who will want to be in my new show?

Daniel