The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
How about Monopoly money? :big_grin:

Doing me a favour? lol! It's not a competition to be a DATE, it's to be my VALENTINE! And I am totally up for playing card games. I know how to play Crazy 8's, Cheat, Euchre, and I'm half-decent at Texas Hold-'em poker. And I like M*A*S*H so it's all good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How about Monopoly money? :big_grin:

Doing me a favour? lol! It's not a competition to be a DATE, it's to be my VALENTINE! And I am totally up for playing card games. I know how to play Crazy 8's, Cheat, Euchre, and I'm half-decent at Texas Hold-'em poker. And I like M*A*S*H so it's all good.
Oh, well then... when's does the bidding end?

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, do I detect a little crush that Snowthy has on Pepper?

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah, I's just partaking in the spirit of fun.

Besides, I still can't get over my current enfatuation with Kathy Greenwood.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Didn't any of your schools pass out valentines to everyone in your class(es) on Valentines Day? Didn't you all have parties with cookies and punch and crap like that?
"You choo-choo choose me?"-Ralph Wiggum

Oh yeah...those little, nearly indestructible, chalky, candy hearts? If you get a chance to see it, there's an excellent Futurama episode about them called "Love and Rocket".

The parties I remember from elementary school were a quick 10 minute exchanging of "I choo-choo choose you" cards, the quick crunching down of those candy hearts (sounding like 36 hound dogs eating out of a trough of Ol' Roy) and then it was quickly back to the long division worksheets, analysis of Lewis and Clark's expedition or whatever.

I still say Valentine's Day is more and more becoming not only too commercial, but also makes people fatter. How many holidays are now centered around stuffing yourself? People just finished with Christmas and this happens.

Now, just when people are going to the gym after their New Year's resolution to lose weight, here comes the annual bucketloads of chocolate! After Feb. 14th, many people imitate Doc (Gerry Parks) after his rutabaga juice diet.

"I've gained...twelve pounds!" (points down immediately) "Something wrong with this scale!"

Sure, it's the scale. Just like people blame the dryer, too.

Pretty soon, this video will not only pertain to Christmas, but Valentine's Day, too.

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
And just to add another bit o' evidence that Valentine's Day can be a hassle is...(drumroll)...it puts stress on the florist's!

I was at the florist's about an hour ago (gettin' flowers for the cemetery:sympathy: ) when the poor guy there was just running himself ragged trying to get everything done. When I got to the register, I heard the conversation (turning into an argument) between him and a customer.

I quickly picked out what I needed and had the cash ready. As he rang my stuff up, he said "That guy begged me to stay open and then he gives me a hard time. I told him those flowers he bought weren't on special. It says so right on the sign there. (Sigh). And on top of that, I have 40 deliveries to make at 9:00 in the morning and I'm the only one here tomorrow. Two of my workers are home sick and my delivery boy fell down the stairs two days ago. (Sigh)."

Well, what do you say to that? There were people in line behind me, so I just paid quickly, wished him luck for tomorrow and left. Man, I hope the day goes quickly for him. The guy was so frustrated, all he was missing was a blue head with a grapefruit on a bun in front of him.

I wonder how many other florists, restaurant workers, greeting card shops and hotel workers will have the same fate tomorrow because of Valentine's Day?:scary:

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
High school sucks anyway. I mean, unless you're either one of the popular people, the pretty people, or one of the people no one notices and slides under the radar, you're NOT going to have a fun time.

Valentines is yet another hoilday that's better when you're a kid, or have something to do and somewhere to go.
You hit the nail on the head, man. So true!

(Neat cartoon, by the way).

Convincing John