The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Luke

Reaction score
And just to add another bit o' evidence that Valentine's Day can be a hassle is...(drumroll)...it puts stress on the florist's!
They deserve it after what they charge. I paid well over the equivalent of $100 for a 6 red rose bouquet and a large box of chocolates to be delivered, and then about $30 for a medium size plush teddy. Funny how nothing is on special near Valentines day.

:eek:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, I celebrate Singles Awareness Day.

It's probably the weather (freezing cold, wet and nasty here), but despite the oncoming of the great love fest, it just seems that the motorists on the highway going past campus were being ruder than usual (and they're usually close to homicidal on the best of days). I mean, one sent up a splash of water that hit me in the legs, another guy stuck his hand out the window and flipped someone off, and a third nearly ran me over as I was going through the crosswalk on my bike (while the walk sign was on, might I add).

So I went up the street, bought myself a V-Day card (with Kermit on it), a box of cocoa and a little plush puppy. That's my Singles Awareness Day present to myself.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Singles Awareness Day? Amazing. I did something like that a few years ago, as a joke. I dressed in all black and wore this necklace that had a big clear bead of a heart. People would be like, "What's with the necklace"? Or "Why the black?" And I would answer all melodramatically, "Because love is dead." and all sorts of other funny existential things. I wouldn't do something like that today, but at the time it was really funny.

Okay D'Snowth, who's the highest bidder?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I first heard about it in my freshman year of college, when one of the other girls in the poetry club (now defunct) read a wonderful poem about Singles Awareness Day.

But yeah, I've been seeing a lot of girls picking up bouquets and gifts from the campus mailroom today, and all that stuff. It's that time of the year...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Hey, I'll be any woman's Valentine if they wanna have me. I'm just putting it out there. Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay D'Snowth, who's the highest bidder?
I just said I can't remember... all I recall was placing a proxy, then Daniel outbidded my proxy, but I don't think I tried to re-outbid him after that or not, but I do recall you talking about I could use Monopoly money for currency...

So... I THINK Daniel's still the highest bidder.

But now my question, and always has been, WHEN does the bidding end?