The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I do sweet spontaneous things for my partner rather than designated days. This year I got him some candy hearts (because he's a sugar fiend) and cut out a paper heart and filled it with many brief thoughts on why he's special to me. Other than that we're staying in and having soup!
Aww, that's adorable, Jamie :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I see it as both sweet and pragmatic and soupy. Soup is good food!

However, last year we had just started dating a month before Valentines so I designed this for him. I've posted it before. He likes Donald Duck. The cellphone snap shot is rather crummy quality, but it's an original hand drawing card in a self-contained shadowbox and also has it own custome envelope (not pictured). Subsequent cards were spontaneously given when he least expected them. :wink: :concern:

Convincing John

Reaction score
They deserve it after what they charge. I paid well over the equivalent of $100 for a 6 red rose bouquet and a large box of chocolates to be delivered, and then about $30 for a medium size plush teddy. Funny how nothing is on special near Valentines day.
You got a point there, Luke. They do charge a lot. One place down the street from here charges so much for chocolates alone that the box should dance and sing for those prices!

This guy that I went to though was just a small place (about half the size of a Subway sandwich place) near the campus, and his prices weren't too bad from what I saw. (His roses were only $2.50). I guess he knew that most of the college kids couldn't afford much, so he actually did have a special going on. He just seemed like the "regular Joe Blow trying to make a living" type of guy.

No, Valentines Day doesn't have to be all dark and gloom and doom, you can enjoy it just like any other holiday and love who (or what) you want, be it a loved one, trash, or even your mop. The problem is, like Christmas, Valentine's Day is getting too commercial.

So to you all MCers, to prove I'm not a total crank about love, here's a cartoon I love. It's not about romantic love per se, but it does feature people who believe in spreading love by making their environment beautiful with lots of color and flowers. (It's also pretty rare!) Enjoy!

Marvin Digs

:sing: "Groovy, man! Groovy!"
:flirt: "Oh wow! Now that's what I rully call a hip city! Fer sher!"
:halo: "MAR-VIN! MAR-VIN! Mar-vin...cousin?"

Convincing John

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, I know of one thing that's single every Valentine's Day...

A slice of Kraft cheese!

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

:stick_out_tongue:

Pork

Reaction score
*holds back giggle*, That wasn't funny. How would you feel if you were a lonely slice of kraft cheese on valentines day. Poor cheese.

Ziffel

Reaction score
It's another sad Valentine's Day for me.

But congrats to all of you who have a sweetheart. Please realize how blessed you are. :smile:

peyjenk

Reaction score
I llluuuurve Valentine's Day, even though I have no girlfriend. This year, my coworkers Debi and Liz are my valentines since we're all stuck here working tonight. :smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
...actually, on second thought...it wasn't really all that funny...:confused:

Katzi428

Reaction score
...actually, on second thought...it wasn't really all that funny...:confused:
Welll...it was kind of funny.
I myself don't have a guy in my life (that WASN'T supposed to be a hint guys! ) But I learn to live with the fact.