The end and the beginning of Traveling Matt.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 1

This was the time when Doc discovered the existence of fraggles. At that same time, Traveling Matt was exploring a antique shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He was scribbling on a postcard to his nephew, Gobo.

[...and so nephew, after exploring this cave with breakable shiny things, I have now explored the entire region of outer space.]

He looked up in horror from the postcard. It never occured to him. Now that he has explored all of Fraggle Rock, and all of outer space, his task was finally done.
"Oh no. But.....I'm Traveling Matt! I'm supposed to explore. But now.....now what do I do?"
He took off his hat, sat down on the sidewalk, and put his hands in his face.
"Oh, you poor man. Here." A friendly man put a quarter in Matt's hat.
Matt looked at the quarter, and then at his postcard. He began to write again, but with less enthusiasm than before.
[I'm coming home nephew Gobo. I'm coming home, and I'm staying. I am now, a retired fraggle. Love, Your uncle, formerly Traveling Matt.]
He shook his head sadly. "Retirement. I knew this day would come. I was hoping it wouldn't be today."
He stood up, put his hat back on, and began walking back home.
Back to Fraggle Rock.

"Mail call!"
The kindly inventor had a stack of mail in his hands.
"Ruff ruff!!" His faithful dog replied.
"Here you go Sprocky, a magazine for you. "To Doc. From Miss. Arthat." Ah, that's for me! And.....a postcard for Gobo. I'll leave it on the table for him."
Just then, a pink haired fraggle came out of the hole in the wall, and was greeted by Spocket with licks on the face.
"Ack! Sprocket! [Laughing] OK OK! You win!"
"Ah Gobo! Here's a postcard for you."
"Thanks Doc!" Gobo took the postcard and began to read it franticly. He looked up from it slowly.
"What's wrong Gobo?"
"My uncle Matt's coming home." Gobo said, but with a tone of voice like he couldn't believe it.
"Well that's wonderful! I can finally meet him!"
"But....he's retired. Oh no, this can't be true."
"Well, what's wrong with retirement?"
"There's nothing wrong with it. It's just that....well....I don't think he can survive without exploring."
"Oh, well Gobo, when I retired, I took up a hobby."
"A hobby?"
"Yeah, I took up inventing."
"But....you were a inventor before."
"Oh....yeah well.......true."
Gobo sighed.
"Well, I guess I better get back to Fraggle Rock and tell the others."
"Give them my best regards!"
"I will. See ya." Gobo walked away sadly. Not even Sprocket's goodbye licks could cheer him up.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh, intruiging already! Oh me wants more, I'm so interested, and intruiged, and excited, and... and... and oh shoot, I've still got homework to finish... I'll be back and waiting for more! Eventually.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh wow, fantastic! I love reading about Doc and the fraggles interacting for some odd reason. But poor Matt! I wonder what will happen next!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is already shaping up to be a great story! =D

[ Whoo! 100th post! ]

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Wicked Fic Fraggleforever!! Finally a fic about Doc interacting with the Fraggles. :smile: Nice start!
ReneeLouvier Nice advatar did you make that yourself? :smile:

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 2

Matt had finally got to the old workshop. He noticed that it hadn't had that same glow it always had. It was like, nobody was inside.
"Well, here I am. Home again." Matt sighed and went through the doggy door. He entered the workshop, and it was bare.
"The silly creature is gone? But more importantly, the hairy beast is gone? Well, at least things are starting to look up."
He recognized the fraggle hole, and dashed in. He ran right into Gobo, who was waiting for him.
"Oof! Sorry about that.....oh nephew Gobo! It is good to see you again!" Even though Matt said that with the most enthusiasm he could muster, he was still depressed.
"Hi uncle Matt!"
"Tell me nephew, what has happened to the silly creature and the hairy monster?"
"Oh, they moved. They now live down that tunnel." He pointed to the tunnel covered in flowers and beautiful light.
"My goodness."
"Yeah, I've made friends with them."
"......what? You made friends with a silly creature?"
"Of course. Haven't you?"
"Well......no, not exactly. While I was in outer space...." He stopped, and remembered that he was retired from exploring. "Outer space. Those were some good times."
"But the good times aren't over, uncle Matt. Now that you retired, you can do all the things you ever wanted to do!"
"But.....all I ever wanted was to explore."
Gobo thought, and got a idea.
"We can find a hobby for you! Come on!"
Gobo ran down the tunnel, with Matt following close behind.
They finally reached the great hall, and the fraggles had a party planned for Matt's retirement. A big sign hung from the ceiling saying, "Great job, Uncle Matt!" There were balloons, noise makers, and a big radish cake.
"Happy retirement uncle Matt!!" shouted the fraggles.
Matt frowned, but was happy for the attention.
"Thank you everybody. You shouldn't have." Inside he was saying "You really shouldn't have."
Mokey put a party hat on Matt's head.
"It was our pleasure Gobo's uncle Matt."
Wembley patted him on the back.
"You are a true hero Matt."
Red shrugged.
"Yeah, you did a great job."
Boober was too busy cutting the cake.
"Everybody get in line to get a slice!" He shouted over the noise.
Everybody got in line for cake, except for Matt and Gobo. Gobo noticed something wrong with Matt.
"What's wrong uncle Matt?"
Matt shrugged.
"Oh, nothing. It's just that...."
Just then, a fraggle with a derby hat and a green shirt tapped Matt on the shoulder.
"I was raised by a radish barrel." He nodded, and then left. Matt, stunned, turned to Gobo.
"Nephew, who was that strange fellow?"
"Oh, that's just Otto. We believe his sole purpose in life is to travel the rock, and utter phrases that don't have anything to do with what is going on."
"Oh. I envy him."
"Why?"
"At least he still has a purpose in life." Matt walked away sadly.
"Uncle Matt? Where are you going?"
Otto tapped him on the shoulder.
"The pride of the mushmellons." He nodded and walked away.
Gobo frowned.
"Boy, that is one strange fraggle."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
zeldazipple said:
ReneeLouvier Nice advatar did you make that yourself? :smile:
Yeah, I did. I took the Scooter emoticon and I handcreated Skeeter out of it. Then I tried to fashion a corner of the Muppet stage around her.

Fraggleforever said:
"Tell me nephew, what has happened to the silly creature and the hairy monster?"
"Oh, they moved. They now live down that tunnel." He pointed to the tunnel covered in flowers and beautiful light.
And I'm not critising you, but I'm not sure what that meant exactly...are they dead? Or did they just decide to live as the Fraggles do and have built a huge tunnel in the wall, and they've decorated it because it's so big? For some reason I can't really get that image in my head to look right...

Also...great story so far!

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Great Story......but I was confused as why Doc and Sprocket moved or whatever???? When did they move?

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Remember the final episode, "Change in Address" where they discovered that they could never leave each other. And then, they saw a tunnel covered with beautiful flowers and a unseen choir singing,
"Magic,
magic be with you each morning,
each evening too."
Then they follow the tunnel, and find Doc and Sprocket, who moved to Arizonia, and a new fraggle hole is formed. I'm just picking up where the series left off.....

And thank you by the way!