The end and the beginning of Traveling Matt.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good start to a new story FraggleForever. Want more, post as soon as you can.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Gobo searched high and low for his depressed uncle.
"Uncle Matt! Where are you? Uncle Matt!!"
He got to his private cave, and finally found his uncle, laying on Gobo's bed, staring into space.
"Uncle Matt? Come on Uncle Matt, things aren't that bad. I mean, you explored practically the whole world! You should be proud!"
Matt got up and sighed.
"I should nephew, but I just know that there is something that I haven't accomplished. Maybe it's a place I haven't explored yet, and maybe it isn't. Oh, I wish I knew!"
He kicked a stone across the room, hurting himself in the process.
"Ouch!! Ooh that smarts!""
"Uncle Matt, calm down. You're retired now. It's time to reflect, and to take it easy."
"Take it easy?! Nephew, I am Matthew Fraggle, the bravest fraggle in the universe! I can't take it easy, I...whoa!!" He tripped on his shoelaces.
"Uncle Matt!" Gobo helped him up.
"Maybe I should find a hobby nephew."
Gobo chuckled. "And I'll help you find one."
For the next few days, Matt tried to find a hobby. He balanced pickles on his nose with Wembley, tried to swim with Red, painted pictures with Mokey, and yes, laundry with Boober. But nothing satisfied him.
"I will never find that one thing to do with my time." He sat down on a big rock.
Gobo then got a idea.
"Hey! The storyteller needs help alphabetising her books and shelving them. Maybe that's what you are looking for."
"Nephew, I don't know..."
"Aw, what do you have to lose?"
Matt was going to say his dignity, but.......
"Alright, let's go to the storyteller."
And so, Gobo and Matt went down to the storyteller's cave, and knocked on her door.
"Who is it?"
"A applicant for a job." said Matt.
She opened the door, and saw Matt. She was overcome with emotion.
"MATT!! Oh, it is so good to see you again!" She threw her arms around him. Matt, startled, hugged back.
"Yes, it is good to see you too Story."
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Well, my nephew here told me that you were looking for some help."
She got a huge smile on her face.
"You're hired!!" She turned inside.
"Otto! You're fired!"
Otto walked out of the cave, dejected.
"Don't look now, but a rock is a thousand words."
And so, Matt went inside to start his new job.
Gobo smiled, and walked back to the great hall.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Haha, this is great! I love it! And of course I want more. I really wanna see what happens with working for the storyteller, and I'm just plain generally curious and I want to know what happens! Oh please post more, soon, please...

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 4

"Hey Gobo, how's your uncle Matt liking his new job?" asked Wembley.
"Well, he hasn't been complaining. In fact, I think he is sort of.....well.....happy."
"How long has he been working for her?" Mokey asked.
"Well, just for a few days. I think he finally found what he has been looking for to spend his time."
Red smirked. "At least we don't have to listen to his dumb storys all day."
Gobo frowned at Red.

Boober went walking down to the Storyteller's cave.
"Maybe she has a book that can tell me how to get radish stains out of socks. How they got there, I'll never know." He was about to knock on the door, but he heard a loud crash inside.
"Ouch! Ooh that hurt." He heard from inside.
Boober went over to the window to see what was going on. He saw Storyteller sitting at her table, gazing at Matt. While Matt was standing on a ladder, putting books on the shelf.
"You know Matt, you have such strong arms."
Matt smiled and posed dramatically.
"Well, being a explorer...er.....ex-explorer, you have to be in tip top physical condition." He flexed for her, but lost his balance, and fell off the ladder.
"Matt!!" Storyteller ran up to help him up. "Are you alright?"
"Sure, I'm fine. I just...." Then, he looked into her eyes, and was spellbound.
"Sure. Never better." His brain was talking as well. "What is going on? How come I can't take my eyes off of her? Maybe.....maybe I'm in love? Naw, it must be a stomachache."
He got up and dusted himself off.
"So uh......is there anymore books you need to be shelved?"
"Why, yes." She picked up a book and handed it to him. "This one does."
He took hold of the book, and gazed at her. She didn't let go, and gazed at him.
Outside, Boober was watching with suspense.
"Matt...and the Storyteller? I better tell the others."
With that, he ran off to the great hall.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally... Exploring the relationship that never was and should be between Uncle Matt and the Storyteller. So... What happened next?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOW!!! AMAZING STORY!!

It's sooo funny! I love how you play Uncle Matt! It's fabulous!! More please! :excited:

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
My friends and fellow Muppet fans;

I am saddened to say that I won't be able to post for awhile. College has been extremely demanding. I know this is not a good excuse, but I need to back away for awhile. I am sorry.
I will be back someday, but right now, I need to focus on my future. Please don't be angry at me.

Rock on Muppet Central,

Fraggleforever.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That's perfectly fine Fraggleforever, I know life can intervene with Muppets, and I know that's not always a good thing. So good luck at college! And post when you can! :smile:

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Well.....one more before I go.

Chapter 5

"...and that's what I saw." Boober was finished telling Gobo, Mokey, Red and Wembley about Matt and the Storyteller.
Gobo shook his head. "Boober, you're fantasizing again." He chuckled and crossed his arms.
"But it's true! I saw it with my own two eyes!!"
"Boober, do you even have eyes?" Wembley asked.
"Of course I have eyes!! What kind of a stupid question is that?!"
"Well, I've never seen them." Red replied.
"Oh for cryin.....look, I saw what I saw!"
Mokey gave him a little squeeze. "Oh Boober, of course you did. It's just that....it's a little hard to believe."
"Yeah, and besides, if uncle Matt was in love with her, it would show in his mannerisms." Gobo added.
Just then, Matt came into the great hall, with a spring in his step, and humming a happy tune.
"Hi uncle Matt. Boy, you look cheerful today."
"Indeed I am nephew! The world is wonderful, the rock is wonderful, why..."
He ran over to Otto fraggle.
"...even Otto is wonderful."
"The peaches don't take kindly to strangers." Otto said.
"You said it! And now nephew, I am off, to dance and sing!" He walked out of the great hall, surprisingly graceful.
Gobo, stunned, turned to Boober.
"Maybe you're right, Boober."
"Of course I'm right! Well, I have to go too. I have to get those radish stains out of those socks."
"But how did...."
"Don't ask."
Boober walked away.
"Yeah, I have to go too."
"Me too."
"See ya Gobo."
Gobo was the only one left of the fraggle five.
"Uncle Matt and the Storyteller? Simply curious."
He shrugged and followed Matt.