1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The future of MR photo puppets.

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Kevin Knight, Apr 25, 2008.

1. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

See...isn't nice to have cold hard facts instead of rumors? Thank you Terry for giving us the info. It is nice to know that Fozzie is still a go. As for the next poser, I agree, I would love to see Piggy next, then Scooter. But I love them all. Whoever comes next is fine with me. ;)
  2. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

I do worry about this statement:

"The sale of the Corgi die cast collector business will allow us to focus on our key licenses (Harry Potter, Nintendo, Beatles, James Bond, Disney, Star Trek, Halo) and two, strong Pop Culture brands (PopCo and Master Replicas) that concentrate on the younger consumer and retailers that cater for the younger gateway collector."

(http://www.hornby.com/news-events/h...ge-with-7-5m-acquisition-of-corgi,36,HNS.html)

There is no mention of the Muppets in there - I know they reference Disney, but MR (on their web site at least) separate Muppets and Disney out as two different lines.

It's definitely great to hear that there was indeed a factory that was working on him at some point, but we have no evidence that they are still doing so...it was quite a while ago that Travis said the prototype was going to be coming in from China - I know that I'm sounding very negative, but I don't think we can assume that he is "still a go"
  3. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

4. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Reevz...

That is hilarious! I think i'll have to pass on the piggy/scooter hybrid poser...LOL.
  5. Reevz1977

Pass, c'mon, I need support here!
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I think the most logical move for MR is to skip Piggy & Scooter altogether and just go with Rowlf. Yeah, Rowlf.

Hee-hee.
    :batty:
  7. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

It sounds odd to me that the company would sell it's namesake. It sounds like a last-ditch effort to get some quick capital save the company from bankruptcy.

I hope it works out for them but it sounds to me like their days are numbered. It stinks that this is the time they're working with a new factory too. To guarantee we get the Bear, we'd better hope he gets on the production line pretty quickly. It reminds me of what happened with Palisades and the SS figures. If we could've just gotten them into production a little sooner, they may have come out before Pal went under.

Well, hopefully the sale of Corgi will put the remaining company in a position to thrive for many years to come.
  8. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input, Terry.Sorry to hear about your Aunt and Cat passing away.Was your cat the inspiration for Butch?
  9. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

OK all, I am a little worried now. FP Uk has put their Muppet stock to 60% off. So both Animal and Gonzo are now only £79.
    Why am I worried, well my experience with retail is strong and you generally only discount items like this when they are either slow movers OR discontinued stock. I am a little worried that there is more to FP reducing the MR line. Also its bloody annoying to think we all paid twice as much....which wasnt that much considering.
  10. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

Thanks for posting that AD. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it doesn't look good.

Hopefully, FP are just wanting to clear their stockroom out (remember these are very large items) and want to get as much of a rebate from MR now on the unsold and discounted product just in case MR should get into trouble in the near future.

I don't know what it is about Muppet products – it seems they're jinxed! Everyone could say that the Muppets don't sell well if their product was marketed the way it should be but, to this point, they haven't been.

Once again, we're left to wonder about what could have been. ****, and all I'm hoping for is the Bear! I'd truly feel like this line were complete (enough) if we could get Fozzie.
  11. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Agreed, as long as we get Fozzie then I too will feel that we at least got the main guys
  12. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

...and it certainly doesn't help that Terry's proto of the bear was so ****** good!
  13. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

maybe if it all goes wrong for MR, Terry could sell us his proto...better get in the que!
  14. Reevz1977

Whoa folks! Let's not shed tears til the well-built woman starts to clear her throat! Forbidden Planet seems like a company that like a quick turn around of stock. They frequently stick things in the sale and then once interest has been shown, the price goes right back up. I was fortunate enough to get most of my sideshow busts in one of these sales for £9 each! I've done a quick internet search and FP are the only company I can find offering them so cheap AND it would not surprise me one bit if, when someone phones up, they don't have them in-stock! I've encountered this also with FP. My fear lies with the sale of Corgi but it has been stated the MR will continue. All we can do is show our support and buy these replicas.
  15. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

At £79:D ! Lucky us. I am tempted to get another Animal to use as a puppet,.
  16. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

i was just thinking about getting another to make into a puppet.
  17. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

Good news from the Master Replicas forum - finally some information from their customer service people:

"The line will be continuing past Gonzo; we're working on Fozzie right now but there really isn't any news to speak of at the moment. The sale of Corgi will not have any affect, we're still moving forward with everything as planned."