The Great Golden Girls War

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
Anyone who is against the Golden Girls is insane. Every man laughs while watching the Golden girls! EVERY MAN! As a woman I find it to be a smart and classy show. BRING GOLDEN GIRLS TO DVD!!!
Are you joining the team?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Well, I suppose I'm sorta bystander/cheerleader!
R-O-S-E!!! Rose is what like to see!!!! GOOOO GOLDEN GIRLS!!!!
....Ooooh, beanbag chairs!!!! We used to have one, until one day we decided to see what was inside, and popped it open! (Mom was NOT happy!!!)
You can open one of these and use the innards to throw as confetti during your cheers:smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Okay you "anti-GG" people, ya might as well give up.

I take a STAND fer muh girls!!

Really!

I do!

:grouchy:

I mean, c'mon:

1) Nate is right---every actress won an Emmy, and the series won for Best Comedy Series---several times.

2) The "reasons" I have seen thus far fer bein' "against" the show are more weak and groundless than actually bein' reasonable or founded.

3) It is truly a classic sitcom of all time, ranked right up there with "The Dick Van Dyke Show", "The Mary Tyler Moore Show", "Cheers", and "The Cosby Show", just to name a few.

4) It has some of the best writing ever in situation comedy. Betty White herself said that when she saw the first scripts, she had not seen writing that funny since "Mary Tyler Moore".

5) Lifetime gets flooded with complaints when "the Girls" don't unair on a usually scheduled night.

6) They have a HUGE followin' at Sitcoms Online on their own message board.

7) REAL MEN watch it---and amit it (and womanly women---and trashy trash heaps).

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Oh, but Kye, I think yer avatar's funny---cause I have this feelin' I'm "not supposed to really like B** Arth*r ("*"s for your protection) as a person, if she does indeed "not like" Betty.

BETTY'S SWEET, DANG YOU B**!!!

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Matt i think it's your turn to be de-premoted and have captin Bryon take over:big_grin:

No more push-ups for this pup!:wink:

Zack)Rowlf the---This space SOLD to Sarah_yzma! Dog.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
No, Matt's great! :smile:

'sides, I have lotsa stuff to be doin', but I'll be SURE and take a stand for one of television's greatest situation comedies ever, if need be.

:wink:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
So it's back to push-ups again for trying to change the leader?:sympathy:

Zack)Rowlf the,we should all bow down to Sarah, Dog

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL!

Oh the craziness that I come home to.

Nate - 1st Chair is comfy...as is 2nd, which is where you will now be sitting. I think that Byron deserves that first chair spot without opposition after such a cool post like that. You are still one of the heaviest hitters, though :wink:

Byron - You are 1st chair man, dance leader, and flag barer. Rock and roll GMMC!

Zack - See, First Chair advisor says I stay. DROP AND GIVE ME 50!

Our numbers have grown so I can't even keep track anymore. GMMC Members, BEGIN YOUR ASSAULT (if you haven't already done so).

Keep your heads up high troops! We are in TOTAL CONTROL!!

Jess - I think a make-believe fun war is a lot better than a serious debate-turn-flaming thread. I'm sorry you are distraught and queasy. I think Zack can get you some Rolaids from the rations boxes after he's done with his push-ups if you need them. :smile:

-Matt

CousinLuke

Reaction score
Boy, this is kind of funny. Like america, I will stand on the sidelines like in the two world wars until either attacked or by any other means provoked.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by CousinLuke
Boy, this is kind of funny. Like america, I will stand on the sidelines like in the two world wars until either attacked or by any other means provoked.
Well then pull up a chair and join the party over here with us bystanders. Enjoy your complimentary piece of cake:smile: (You may want to hold on to your plastic fork in the case that provoction does occur)

is "provoction" a word...?