1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Apr 23, 2008.

1. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i sent someone the wrong email.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

This wasn't today but a while ago. I jokingly asked somebody who speaks Spanish
    "How do you taco in Mexican?"
    and they looked at me funny.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I already lost my mom's spare pair of sunglasses when I just got them from her yesterday as were leaving for our vacation.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I had an especially chewy lunch today: beef jerky and gummi worms.

My jaw is cramped something awful. :(

5. MikaelaMuppet

Sorry to hear. I hope that it feels better for you soon.

6. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I ever so stupidly thought that I could trim a Shih Tzu's nails on my own, but I was wrong! After I trimmed one nail, he started chewing on my hand that could've easily been a serious bite. A mistake like that will get me fired instantly. I don't know why I thought I could do it on my own. I knew better than that! Also, I thought my animal restraint technique was on point, but it's been rusty the past couple days! What is wrong with me?

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

You're way too hard on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes, you shouldn't beat yourself up every time you make one. Surely your boss/bosses understand that your only human, if they don't then maybe you shouldn't be working there in the first place.

8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you're letting your mistakes get to you, and focusing on your past mistakes, which in turn is casing you to make more mistakes because you are so focused not making your previous mistakes again, if that even makes an ounce of sense.

Remember, everyone makes mistakes. Even people who claim to be experts make mistakes and are always learning. Instead of treating each mistake like a bad thing, and that there is something wrong, treat is as learning something new!

9. MikaelaMuppet

Messed up the settings on my computer underneath the taskbar.

10. D'Snowth

I actually registered a Twitter account today just for the sole purpose of following Kathy Greenwood since she's on Twitter now.

11. D'Snowth

Oh boy, did I do something stupid today. . . .

So, with a majority of the country raging about "this is fake news," and "that is fake news," and what have you, I thought about how much Gary Gnu's saying of, "No g'news is good g'news," rings so true even today . . . so saying, I tried my hand a little political cartoon of both sides attacking the other for spreading "fake news" and how Gary remarks this is what he's been talking about for over thirty years.

Now, I'm friends with Jim Martin on Facebook (he was suggested to me based on mutual friends suggestions), so I thought I'd share it with him, and . . . well, as it turns out, he's actually not the same Jim Martin at all, just another puppetry enthusiast who just happens to share the same name.

I am so embarrassed I almost want to just go hide in shame.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

12. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I got the Terminators confused. There are soooooo many of them that it's hard to keep track of them all, okay!? Out of all of the Terminators so far, this one is by far my favorite:

Wow, that robot puppy looks almost like my dog except with glowing red eyes and an evil Satanic death stare. Other than that, it looks exactly like my sweet little dog who I love so much, :p.

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, I kinda always assumed that was the real Jim Martin too until you said something. But, hey, it's always great to be connected with other puppet fans, we gotta support each other, so it's great that you're Facebook friends! I'm sure you're making a bigger deal out of it then he is. In fact, using the name of someone else, i'm sure he anticipated the occasional misunderstanding. There's no way we're the first to make this mistake. Don't beat yourself up.

14. D'Snowth

It's ironic, because there was a period of time when Facebook gave me a number of Muppet/Henson people as friend suggestions, including but not limited to John Kennedy, Tyler Bunch, even Tau Bennett . . . and Jim Martin. And again, these were all based on mutual friends, so I figured there wouldn't be any harm in send them friend requests (so far, I don't believe Tyler ever accepted mine, but that's okay, I don't know him personally, so it's no big deal).

But years ago, I did some other Gary Gnu artwork and shared it on THE GREAT SPACE COASTER FB page that both Jim and his wife Crystal seemed to get a kick out of.

newsmanfan and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  15. MikaelaMuppet

Reset my computer which erased all of my bookmarks and settings.

Wish I never did that.

16. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

So, I dunno if you wanna call this "stupid", but I ended up using a cheat code for the final boss in BloodRayne, only because I feel like it's just way too luck-based along with the last 2 boss fights.

Which disappoints me because it has such a great gameplay and story.