The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
On christmas eve there was a Cartoon Network marathon of christmas specials. During the Smurfs, there was a scene where they revealed themselves to a normal, human family as they were bringing them christmas cheer and such. The thing was, the Smurfs just came into these peoples' house, started singing and even got up on the lap of a seated human. Ok, this is cute and all, but wouldn't anyone be SERIOUSLY freaked out if little blue guys just came into your house and started singing? And REALLY, if any of them came up on my lap, I probably would have swatted it away... How could you possibly know that these creatures don't BITE or something if you've never seen them before?
I absolutely LOVE the Smurfs, but this was too weird - even for me. A part of me wonders if I wasn't thinking way too deep into it and just overreacting, but no, I don't think it's possible for an unknowing human to tolerate singing and climbing little blue creatures.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So there's a clip from one of my favorite episodes of Cow and Chicken on YouTube, though the title of the video was "Cow and Chicken Vore", and the description is "Chicken gets vored by Cow".

Curious, I go to look up "vore", assuming it's probably another un-necessary British slang term for swallow or something, as C&C was very big in Europe, and the video was obviously of a European broadcasting since it was in PAL format... but boy was I in for a surprise when I found out was "vore" really refered to and... oh man... that is just plain wrong! On fifty different levels! :eek: :eek: :eek:

APRena

Reaction score
So, so curious....... Ew. Ewewewew.

What has been Wikipedia'd cannot be unWikipedia'd.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So we were at a buffet for supper earlier this evening, and believe it or not, at another table not too far from ours, there was a trailer-trash couple making out right there at their table.

They must have gotten mixed up and thought they were in their trailer... or hotel room... or whatever...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm watching The Dark Crystal right now, and I have the DVD playing on the computer, but Windows Media Player has the different chapter titles listed as "I Wish", "The Goblin King", "Hoggle", "Left or Right", etc. The movie playing is still Dark Crystal, not Labyrinth, though.

Kiki

Reaction score
Well, this isn't anything too "whoa man, that's cuh-razzzzeh man" weird, but is it normal for a music store to write a review under an album saying it's "dissapointing"? Like, I don't lose sleep from it or anything, it's just that today I was looking at Them Crooked Vulture's debut album in JB HI-FI (popular music store) and the people at the stores sometimes write a very brief review displayed under the album they're talking about. But this one review was like, "I found this album dissapointing and overrated- I do not recomment it". I mean... it's not anything amazingly weird, I just found it odd that... well, you'd think they'd be trying to *sell* the album y'know? Oh, and for the record- it's a good album, in my opinion, heehee. :wink:

Pork

Reaction score
Well, this isn't anything too "whoa man, that's cuh-razzzzeh man" weird, but is it normal for a music store to write a review under an album saying it's "dissapointing"? Like, I don't lose sleep from it or anything, it's just that today I was looking at Them Crooked Vulture's debut album in JB HI-FI (popular music store) and the people at the stores sometimes write a very brief review displayed under the album they're talking about. But this one review was like, "I found this album dissapointing and overrated- I do not recomment it". I mean... it's not anything amazingly weird, I just found it odd that... well, you'd think they'd be trying to *sell* the album y'know? Oh, and for the record- it's a good album, in my opinion, heehee. :wink:
Yeah, that is kinda odd hey. Not exactly the best way to sell the album.

Ok, so my friend showed me a photo they took somewhere, no idea where. But there was a sign in a gift shop that just said...

Thieves Suck!

hahaha, wow, what a shop lifting deterrent hey. That'll scare em.

Kiki

Reaction score
^ Heehee. ^_^

Oh- and I just saw a preview for a new kids show. Hosted by... Richard Hammond? ! :confused: This I gotta see!