'The Jim Henson Hour' Guide Returns

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm that source, but what do you mean "13"? I only have 12. Do you have one that I don't?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Yes, as soon as the pack of VCD's from Justin gets here I'll have the SS 20th Anniversary Special from our long-standing deal. You might want to talk to him, though I don't know for certain if he can accomodate you in his schedule. That's why I say you'd have to talk to him.

jediX

Reaction score
Just dropping a line while I'm in here....

I've been getting bombared with neverending paper assignments and midterms over the past month, making all potential 'guide time' nonexistent. I should have a spare moment this weekend, so a revamped "sci-fi" guide should be online within a week. After that, its all fair game. Any requests for the next guide?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't want to swamp you with too much work pal. Just take it easy and do the best you can. One guide at a time you know? BTW: Might have something for you, if you're interested.

jediX

Reaction score
Hey, all,

I've decided to bring the guides back. Well, sort of.

I will be free for the week after next and plan to add guides for "Aquatic Life" and "Secrets of the Muppets" since my digital archival of them was successful. Therefore, I won't need to worry about damaging the tape by rewinding as much as I have to so that I can get trascriptions down verbatim.

Two guides are probably all that I can complete in that time. Unless there's no interest and I can just take that time to slack and accomplish absolutely nothing. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If you actually are planning on adding more episodes, then I've just got one word to say to you:

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!

Or should I have saved that word untill after you completed those episodes?

jediX

Reaction score
Nah, they will get done. The problem with making these guides is that I constantly have to pause and rewind to make sure that I cover everything (which is quite a frequent occurrence when I transcribe scenes), which has clearly taken a toll on my sixteen year-old vhs cassette that they're on. The two episodes that I archived for myself last night were off of a more recent tape (from a trade from years ago) and they transferred without much visual distortion (though there was a little). The old tapes need to be run through a video stabilizer and, frankly, I can't justify buying one just to copy a few episodes of this.

However, before I begin the two new promised guides, I am going to go into the old ones and correct my scene scripts to the proper screenplay format. Now that I have taken a class in that, I can't stand to have them incorrect.

Also, note that with the two new guides, the character guide will be updated as well. I may not have the time to write detailed biographies, but at least it'll have names of characters for all you people that are into this kind of thing.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh wow Matt, this is awesome! Keep up the tremendous and spectacular work! When someone is as passionate as you are in bringing quality exposure to great programming, they deserve the utmost credit, thank you for all this work!!!

jediX

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, Vic. I just thought I'd also mention that, a while back, I put up the new format for the character guide. It is now sorted alphabetically by letter so the page isn't cluttered like it was before. I also plan to work on a brief article about how the show utilized blue screen keying to create the backgrounds.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whooo!!!! You rock man! Go write man! Go write!!!