'The Jim Henson Hour' Guide Returns

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Just wondering, have you ever thought of contributing these to MC's guides? These look very much like them; all you'd have to do is add a few more things, and some quotes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Just wondering, have you ever thought of contributing these to MC's guides? These look very much like them; all you'd have to do is add a few more things, and some quotes.
And the character guide looks a lot like the kermitage character guide for The Muppet Show.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
That would be up to Phil. As I understood it he asked someone to do guides for MC a while back, but nothing more was heard of the project.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I think it'd be great if other people could help with the guides. Just think of it: Phil and D.W. can work on TMS, JediX can help with the JHH, and judging by his thorough descriptions, Frogster can help with Fraggle Rock...

*Sigh*

But back on topic (sorry!); great work, JediX! If you need any help, just name it.

jediX

Reaction score
Around this time in 2003, Phillip contacted me about creating guides. I was never sure exactly what he wanted and the whole plan sort of fell through, but I still wouldn't mind joining the site crew and doing the guides for MC -- I won't have 100% creative control but at least people would read them. That is worth not being able to format them "my way." Then again, I guess the MC guide style is more user-friendly...

My ultimate goal is a scene-by-scene (basically a "script treatment" type synopsis) of each episode, not including the Sesame Street special because it simply does not fit in (and because I don't have it on tape :wink:). That includes what I have now (scene breakdowns) as well as one-liner quotes and brief scene transcriptions. All of those can be found currently in the guides I have but will be emphasized further in later guides.

I purposefully made the character guide similar to the Kermitage character guide because it's a great format. Mine ::will be:: more "fact-file" style than biography style (what Kermitage has) when I get around to working on it in detail. I'm just listing characters in it for the sake of having them in it right now.

Frankly, I'd prefer to go the MC route. That way, I won't have to worry about legality issues concerning the use of graphics. It would be fine for, say, a fan fiction to not stress character imagery because we all already know what the "classic" cast looks and acts like. But, since JHH featured so many new characters, I cannot convey the entire "JHH experience" with text. At one point, I had considered doing illustrations -- but, that never made it onto paper. Perhaps if I don't go with MC, Vic could do them. Hmm.. now that would be a good idea. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
I think it'd be great if other people could help with the guides. Just think of it: Phil and D.W. can work on TMS, JediX can help with the JHH, and judging by his thorough descriptions, Frogster can help with Fraggle Rock...

*Sigh*

But back on topic (sorry!); great work, JediX! If you need any help, just name it.
I agree completly. If we are to be the Center of the Muppet fans world, we need more content. it is a pity that Phill has seemed to stop accepting new content.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Either that or he's VERY busy with other projects. After all, Jim Henson has always been credited to the Muppets' success (just like how Phil is usually noted as the webmaster of MC), but there's thousands of people who have made it what it is. That's what makes it great; it's a group effort. Though not everybody has the same ideas, they can still compromise.

zns

Reaction score
Link Dosn't Work For Me

For some reason, I can't seem to get the website on my computer. Every time I click on the link, it starts to download and then freezes up. I wish I knew what was wrong.:confused:

jediX

Reaction score
Well, Phillip has a family. If I had a family (wife and child) I wouldn't be able to be on here very much, either. I don't blame him -- at least he pays the bandwidth and vbulletin bills. I REALLY appreciate that. :smile:

Zns:
The link on my signature works for me but you can always try just copying and pasting it into your browser: http://mhohnstein.tripod.com/muppets/

jediX

Reaction score
Has anything developed in the past year regarding this? Does anyone want me to continue adding content to my guide?

Updated link: www.lizardalert.com That's right, I gave in after 7 years of web designing and purchased a domain. You'll find jhh on the menu. Or, you could just click the link in my signature. Whatever works. :wink: