'The Jim Henson Hour' Guide Returns

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course we're interested in your continued work on this project Matt. Maybe a bit of a news update to let us know what's been done in regards of new content would be helpful in driving traffic to your site.
Hope this helps, and keep working at what you love to do.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Just curious what got you to wanna foucus on The JHH? I'm sure it was good inspite being short lived but it seems like a lot of work for a short lived series though I'm sure it's somewhat simpler.

jediX

Reaction score
Well it was the first non-SS Henson show that I was able to really comprehend humor-wise, being only 4 years old at the time. We never had HBO let alone cable, so I never saw a live-action FR episode until I rented one from Blockbuster circa 1994.

Growing up, I had most of the JHH episodes but my TMS was limited to a couple Playhouse videos and a few syndicated episodes that my parents had taped off tv. Not counting animated FR or Muppet Babies. As I got older and explored Muppet stuff more, I didn't have access to anything other than these things and whatever Henson or Disney put out on video. Nick Jr. did show TMS, but in an ironic twist, it was taken off shortly after we got cable. I was highly annoyed by that. There still are numerous episodes I have yet to see.

So yeah, that's pretty much why I focused on that show, just because I was exposed to it so much when I was little. The reason I began the guide in the first place back in 2001 when tvtome still existed was because I wanted to share the quality of the show to people that haven't seen it, taking its obscurity. I wouldn't even give it cult status, and that bothers be because of how much I still enjoy watching it. I decided to create in-depth episode guides after enjoying the work that Tough Pigs did for their JHH anthology. The character guide never really took off because I didn't want to take any copyright risks by using screencaps of video.