The Lovesick Teenager Clud Threab

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh, APena, I can totally relate- I know the feeling. -_- I've done the same thing a number of times... and sometimes I feel like kicking myself afterwards. I'm slightly more confident now, though! :smile: I wish you all the best in the future though, m'dear.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
*sighs* Plato once said, "Love is a serious mental disease." Anybody know a good doctor?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It sure is funny... out of all the emotions out there, love has to be difficult and be the complicated one... happiness is a simple emotion... sadness is a simple emotion... anger is a simple emotion... but love? Nope, love's a complicated emotion.

I took a survey the other day, and one of the random questions was "Do you consider love a mistake?" My answer was that it is only if you have fallen in love with someone you weren't supposed to fall in love with... ala me.

APRena

Reaction score
Maybe because love is a combination of, like everything. I'm not personally in (even slightly hinted at being mutual anymore. *sigh*) love and ok with that. Now.

Kiki

Reaction score
Maybe because love is a combination of, like everything. I'm not personally in (even slightly hinted at being mutual anymore. *sigh*) love and ok with that. Now.
Mm, same here. I mean, being a teenage girl, I have those sort of sqeeish, fangirlyish crushes but nobody realistic in particular.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Bumper!

I feel the same way. I went through all of high school without ever even asking a girl out... didn't even go to my senior prom because I thought no girl would want to be caught dead with me in public and I'm still hung up on that same sophomore-soon-to-be-junior girl I've been for my entire senior year and most of my junior year. I know it's kind of wrong to crush on a girl that long without asking her out (and considering I leave for college in a month and a half probably never will) but I've tried to keep my mind on other girls but all roads lead back to her. * sigh * All I can hope is that I get lucky in college or even before the summer's end...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I feel the same way. I went through all of high school without ever even asking a girl out... didn't even go to my senior prom because I thought no girl would want to be caught dead with me in public and I'm still hung up on that same sophomore-soon-to-be-junior girl I've been for my entire senior year and most of my junior year. I know it's kind of wrong to crush on a girl that long without asking her out (and considering I leave for college in a month and a half probably never will) but I've tried to keep my mind on other girls but all roads lead back to her. * sigh * All I can hope is that I get lucky in college or even before the summer's end...
Keep your chin up, mate. Life's a dance of ups and downs. Just gotta keep your feet moving until you find a partner! I'm in that awkward post-break-up phase (have been for... four, five months--yeesh) after I was maliciously (it probably wasn't that bad) broken up with after an eight month relationship. I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I wasn't still hung up on her... but I just keep reminding myself that there's so much more out there.

In your case, my friend, I say take a chance, darn it! Ask her, ask her, ask her! You'll never know until you try. Even if it doesn't last with you going off to college, at least you asked. That'll build your confidence big time, trust me. You'll be more than able to find someone in college if you get some confidence now. :big_grin:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
In your case, my friend, I say take a chance, darn it! Ask her, ask her, ask her! You'll never know until you try. Even if it doesn't last with you going off to college, at least you asked. That'll build your confidence big time, trust me. You'll be more than able to find someone in college if you get some confidence now. :big_grin:
I know, that's what people have been telling me. I just don't know how! I haven't actually spoken to her in nearly a year, I doubt I'll see her until I come back to visit during the school year even though I know she's around (*STALKER* She just came back from Africa last night *STALKER*). It's really rough, though. I just don't know what to do.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I know, that's what people have been telling me. I just don't know how! I haven't actually spoken to her in nearly a year, I doubt I'll see her until I come back to visit during the school year even though I know she's around (*STALKER* She just came back from Africa last night *STALKER*). It's really rough, though. I just don't know what to do.
Ah... that does make things difficult. Well... maybe start by sending her a message on Facebook checking in and saying you're interested in how she's been? Then maybe you'll be able to build off of that! :big_grin: