The most DATED thing on classic Sesame Street?

dustinrn

Reaction score
car wash film

What about the "you can clean almost everything" real-life film where the little girl mentions all of the things that can be cleaned- that one goes way back.

Or- what about the "Car Wash" film from the late 70's- where do you see a car wash like that nowdays?

The film about getting the fallen jack back with a magnet and a piece of string- do kids these days know how to play jacks, let alone know what they are?

superfan

Reaction score
dustinrn said:
What about the "you can clean almost everything" real-life film where the little girl mentions all of the things that can be cleaned- that one goes way back.

Or- what about the "Car Wash" film from the late 70's- where do you see a car wash like that nowdays?

The film about getting the fallen jack back with a magnet and a piece of string- do kids these days know how to play jacks, let alone know what they are?
Ah, indeed, Dustinrn! "You can clean almost anything"...that long flat vacuum cleaner hose and the shag carpeting! Sweet! :wink:

SesameMike

Reaction score
dustinrn said:
What about the "you can clean almost everything" real-life film where the little girl mentions all of the things that can be cleaned
I think there was a goof in this one. When the girl narrator says that a dirty auto goes to a car wash, the video shows a car in motion with the wipers on and the windshield washing fluid in use. There was no car wash to be seen in the picture. Perhaps the voiceover soundtrack was recorded before rights to film a real car wash could be secured.

dustinrn

Reaction score
you can clean almost anything film

is anyone familiar with the a-cappella piece of music used in this film? I always thought that song was quite intriguing......

superfan

Reaction score
Yeah, it was kind of a sing-song "doo doo doo doodoo doo doo" a wierd echo-y harmony thing going on, too..okay, I can only cyber-sing it, but I do have that clip and it is quite catchy...great. Now it's stuck in my head and I can't get it out! Haha! :wink:
It somehow really suited the clip.

SesameMike

Reaction score
I think a similar, if not the same, a-capella clip was used in a film about bridges. The film showed a number of drawbridges opening and closing, including a span that looked like the movable roadway retracted under the fixed road.

superfan

Reaction score
I was wondering about that possibility, actually...sadly, I haven't seen that particular clip (about the bridges).

Drtooth

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
You forgot one:

:frown: --"Hunky-Dory!"
Uhhhh... well... I'd say that Bert wouldn't care if no one else says that anymore, given his demeanor.

What do I think is dated? 2 things....

The really old look of the older puppets (look at the first "Who are the people in your neighborhood" for example) especially Ernie and Bert.

the other thing.... one word... DISCO!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
I think a similar, if not the same, a-capella clip was used in a film about bridges. The film showed a number of drawbridges opening and closing, including a span that looked like the movable roadway retracted under the fixed road.
i only rememebr a couple of bridge films. 1 from the 80s where it was this 1 draw bridge that went up more like an elevator. another wich i mentioned once before was where a bunch were shown and a lady says sometimes when you want to get somewhere, you need a bridge. and towards the end she says and some bridges are very very beautifull. can't remember any draw bridges in this 1.