The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Even though I've watched it over 50 times, "...celebrate Jim Henson" always gets me when Ray Charles sings Bein' Green over the montage of Jim footage. Also, when they read the letters at the end, and sing just one person - I can't stop bawling. I get a little misty when Fozzie's voice cracks in Saying Goodbye - and I cry during any song where Scooter sings. I miss Richard, but oddly I don't cry when I see Sweetums or Janice - just when Scooter sings, especially during Couldn't We Ride.

Let's see - what else is there.

When I browse through the Tribute section here on Muppet Central I start crying too - there's one quote that gets me (which of course I can't find right now), but the writer went into the Muppet Workshop, and said he saw all the puppets on hooks, with their mouths open, seemingly frozen under a spell only Jim could break.

And when I think of what he could have done had he not died - I get going. But then I think of what they are doing without him, and I smile.

Jeremy

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Hey, I just watched that! I even posted a thing about it in the General Discussion section. Just cuz I didn't know where else it should go. The celebration of Jim from the Muppets, was so very touching, and I cried, it always chokes me up when Harry Belafonte talks about Jim.

Saying Goodbye gets me everytime.

The scene in The Muppet Movie at the campfire, Gonzo sings Going to Go Back There Someday, and then Kermit has the conversation with his conscience. Oh, I love it.

Go Back To The Fire, again a number with Harry Belafonte on the Muppet Show, it's not tear-jerking but it's very inspiring.

The scene in Muppets Take Manhattan, when Phillip Phil, aka Kermit, is clinking the glasses with his fork to the tune of Together Again.

Muppet Treasure Island, Jim and Long John having a talk before Long John tries to escape, where he tries to kill Jim, but can't do it.

Those are some of mine, but not all.

Natalie

Reaction score
"Saying Good-bye" is definitely (in my opinion) the saddest muppet song there is. At least in the movies

electricmayhem

Reaction score
When I browse through the Tribute section here on Muppet Central I start crying too

Me too.

Reading a lot of quotes from Jim does too, especially the one: "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here. It's a wonderful life and I love it." It makes me even sadder that I won't be able to meet him and tell him he succeded.

Jackie

Reaction score
When Brian Henson is reading a part of the letter his dad left him and the other children and it said something like "i'm gone so who can argue with me"

Even when he was gone he wasn't taking life, or death, too seriously :smile:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Any scene with Scooter from the early three movies (I tend to categorize), since he isn't in any of the later three.

Muppet Christmas Carol - Belle's goodbye to young Scrooge, "Bless Us All," the empty chair scene, and the beginning credits with the dedication to Jim and Richard.

Muppet Treasure Island - The crew's service for Mr. Arrow (Arrol? Errol?) when they think he's fallen overboard, minus the scenes with the three pirates escaping; "Love Led Us Here," Jim and Long John's standoff, although it's more of a 'chill-down-the-spine' thing than tearjerker.

"Magic Store" scene at the end of the Muppet Movie.

I've never seen the tribute to Jim Henson, but after reading about it I went and downloaded a version of "Just One Person." That song is so beautiful, it is now on the list of songs that make me want to cry.

-Kim

wockawocka

Reaction score
"Nothing more of a tear-jerker for me when Gonzo's singing in the Muppet Movie, *I'm going to go back there*"

I love how Gonzo sings that, and yeah, "Saying Goodbye" would have to be one!

Joggy

Reaction score
I'm not sure where I read it, but I read someone say that at Henson's memorial service, Kermit was there too, with a sign "I lost my voice."

That one gets me every time, too.