The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Storyteller

Reaction score
Without doubt, the final song in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson causes me to tear, but perhaps the most touching moment I can think of occured during the CNN People Profile on Jim. Frank Oz is describing the shock of Jim's death, and begins to tear up, and very chokingly says "It's hard to talk about" (I think.)

That 10 years after the fact, he still gets so emotional at the thought is a testiment to how deeply Jim affected the lives of those who love him. He is very deeply missed indeed. :frown:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Yes frnak loved jim and so did all of us! he was loved

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
another sad moment was when there were no big monsters like Sweetums and Thog in TMTM:frown:

Natalie

Reaction score
yes especially since that's my favorite movie of all time too!

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
That was one of my favorite muppet movies. My other fave is the original Dr. Doolitle.

ngirl if you want to IM me on Yahoo my ID is dadsbigguy_2001 and my AOL name is IAmYogifan:smile: Same goes for you Ernie. Edward

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'll join in the fun, the late fun, but it's fun...wait it's ment to be tear jerking?

yeah there are a lot of them

bean bunny shivering in the cold MCC
Big bird blue bird song FTB
one little star FTB
i'm going to go back there some day TMM
when i "first"watch MFS when gonzo found his family
Kermit and piggy love led us here MTI
When fozzie finds out Jim henson died
when "steve's" kermit first enters the room to all the muppets singing
TMS "Gonzo's last act"
saying goodbye TMTM
kermit before the film breaks away in TMM
big bird finds out mr hooper died
Mr Arrow (Sam)might have fallen over board (just a joke;-)MTI
erine giving up his rubber ducky for bert and bert giving up his paper clip colection for erine CEOSS
Piggy sreaming "no please!" before kermit going to get his noggen full of jelly TMM
just one person robin and gang

there are many more out there

Jackie

Reaction score
The love led us here song just never got to me. Love led them to certain doom? No LOL! It was a bad some, too high for Piggy to be singing. I think if it was maybe used in a different situation it would have been good :smile:

Joggy

Reaction score
The whole ending of Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. What I always do when that scene is on, I pretend it's still 1990. I watch the scene, get teared up over those beautiful letters ("We will miss you, Jim Henson. Matt." - Robin), then that wonderful song, and all of a sudden - there's KERMIT! Jim died, but there is Kermit! And then the unexpected happens - Kermit TALKS! And everything is sortta back to normal again!

A lot of the songs on Jim Henson: A Sesame Street Celebration. Especially the three Kermit songs at the end: Frogs in the Glen, The World Above, and This Frog. You definitely have to hear them in this context, in this order, at the end of the album.

Rowlf singing Old Dog Trey on Ol' Brown Ears is Back. Can you imagine ol' Rowlf playing the piano on that large stage, howling his doggy lungs out over his lost dog friend? They completely hammed up the TMS version BTW.

Gonzo's version of My Way, and how Kermit reacts to it.

The Muppet Family Christmas Carol Singing at the end. That made me cry when I was six and saw it for the first time.

Same goes for Gonzo's Wishing Song when he plans to marry guest star Madeline Kahn, but she confesses she just wanted to make a compliment to him.

Scooter and John Denver singing The Peace Carol.

Mew being frozen forever in The Christmas Toy.

Kermit in the Muppet Movie: "Go ahead and kill me." Doc Hopper: "Alright boys. Kill him." Look at the reactions on the Muppets' faces.

Frank crying over the loss of Jim in People's Profiles.

Every time clips of Jim Henson are shown while The Rainbow Connection is playing.

Gonzo saying goodbye in MFS.

Saying Goodbye from MTM.

Mr. Hooper's death.