1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Ben Purse

Ben Purse New Member

Saying Goodbye. If I watch MTN On my IPad I always have to skip that part because it gives me tears. It reminds my of 4 years ago when I left the Special ED classes. Went to my new school then had to say goodbye to my best friend at the time.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

Ssssooo many nostalgic parts from TMM, TMTM, and others: but a newly-discovered one was the song 'It Makes You Cry' sung by Boober in the episode 'River of Life'. I have never cried at Fraggle Rock before: but the way he sung that song, and then the end when all the sick and dying Fraggles chime in is just a beautifully sad moment.
    heralde likes this.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely, that is one of Fraggle Rock's best numbers.
    We Got Us likes this.
  4. Greenbottle3

Greenbottle3 New Member

When Kermit sings "Pictures in my Head" in The Muppets.
    Muppet fan 123 and miss kermie like this.
  5. JennyPenny

JennyPenny New Member

This may seem odd but I cried during the most recent muppet movies rainbow connection. It was the last day to see it in theaters here, it was a small theater and there were maybe 23 people in it. Their weren't really any little kids there so it was all quiet for the most part, then the rainbow connection song started. A guy in his forties was sitting behind me and started singing along quietly, then another person nearby joined in singing a bit louder, then me and my friend joined in and soon the whole group of 20 something people ranging from 8-60 years old were just smiling and laughing together singing the parts we knew and humming those we didn't. We were all strangers and said nothing to each other afterwards but for a moment we were united by something we all loved. I cried afterwards because it was just so sad and beautiful how this is practically the end of it and that was all of our farewells to the muppets.
    Muppet fan 123 and Emilia like this.
  6. Gonz21

Gonz21 New Member

It's not odd at all. Lots of people cried and people in the theatre I was at applauded at the end of the song and again at the end of the film. Very few films (about three) I've been to have had people applaud at the end...
    Muppet fan 123 and Puckrox like this.
  7. Writersright

Writersright Member

I always feel a bit sad and uncomfortable when I watch the bit where Kermit and the the gang sing Just One Person with I think Bernadette Peters since at least for me, the song later became synonymous with Jim Henson's memorial services.
  8. Jonah Muppeton

Jonah Muppeton New Member

The finale of The Muppet where all the muppets singing Rainbow Connection and join hand's... :')
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

On the Jim henson hour when Piggy was explaining how it was to be a pig in hollywood. I felt bad for her.
  10. mo

mo Well-Known Member

i'm choosing a typical one. the first muppet movie rainbow connection *tear*
  11. Auberoun

Auberoun Member

I joined this forum just after reading this entire thread, and had to reply. Most tear-inducing Muppet moments I can break down into two simple catergories. For me, they may be stereotypical, but they still cause me to tear up...yep I am a softie.

Sad
    "Saying goodbye" - MTM
    When Kermit has amnesia, and the rest of the gang are trying to remind them of who they are - MTM
    "One Person" - TMCJH
    When the Muppets read the kids letters in TMCJH

Happy
    "Life is a Movie" - TMM
    Jim's appearance w/ Sprocket at the end of AVMMC- you can tell he really enjoys what he does.
    Jim explaining how the show works in "Of Muppets and Men" - I cry off and on through the whole thing. You can tell that he was really happy.
    When Gobo sees Doc at the end of "Change of address"
    Rainbow Connection in the Muppets (2011)
  12. Traveller

Traveller New Member

I found the pictures in my head scene quite sad, even though I didn't really have any nostalgia for the muppet show when I saw it.

Love the song.
  13. Abb Green

Abb Green Member

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

When they walk outside of the theatre in The Muppets (2011) and find a HUGE fan mob waiting for them! I BAWLED!!!!! :')
  14. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Saying Goodbye from TMTM and the Cratchit family mourning Tiny Tim in TMCC. And the Pictures In My Head scene had me choked up.
  15. basicallygood

basicallygood Member

That whole special makes me cry like a baby. Especially when they all the Muppets get together and sing "Just One Person." And I dont know if someone's said this already, but "The Wishing Song" sung by Gonzo on The Muppet Show is another tear-jerker for me...
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Just watched Big Bird in Japan again, that ending always makes me cry. :cry:
  17. miss kermie

Couldn't we ride makes me cry. It's so beautiful!
  18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Seeing Big Bird sing It's Not Easy Being Green at Jim Henson's funeral. NOTHING will be able to top that in terms of sadness. EVER. :cry:
    Borples likes this.
  19. miss kermie

I have to seriously agree with you there. That made me cry.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I would say when they did the tribute to Jim Henson. :(
    Zeliboba likes this.