1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Jonah Muppeton

Jonah Muppeton New Member

The finale of The Muppet where all the muppets singing Rainbow Connection and join hand's... :')
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

On the Jim henson hour when Piggy was explaining how it was to be a pig in hollywood. I felt bad for her.
  3. mo

mo Well-Known Member

i'm choosing a typical one. the first muppet movie rainbow connection *tear*
  4. Auberoun

Auberoun Member

I joined this forum just after reading this entire thread, and had to reply. Most tear-inducing Muppet moments I can break down into two simple catergories. For me, they may be stereotypical, but they still cause me to tear up...yep I am a softie.

Sad
    "Saying goodbye" - MTM
    When Kermit has amnesia, and the rest of the gang are trying to remind them of who they are - MTM
    "One Person" - TMCJH
    When the Muppets read the kids letters in TMCJH

Happy
    "Life is a Movie" - TMM
    Jim's appearance w/ Sprocket at the end of AVMMC- you can tell he really enjoys what he does.
    Jim explaining how the show works in "Of Muppets and Men" - I cry off and on through the whole thing. You can tell that he was really happy.
    When Gobo sees Doc at the end of "Change of address"
    Rainbow Connection in the Muppets (2011)
  5. Traveller

Traveller New Member

I found the pictures in my head scene quite sad, even though I didn't really have any nostalgia for the muppet show when I saw it.

Love the song.
  6. Abb Green

Abb Green Member

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

When they walk outside of the theatre in The Muppets (2011) and find a HUGE fan mob waiting for them! I BAWLED!!!!! :')
  7. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Saying Goodbye from TMTM and the Cratchit family mourning Tiny Tim in TMCC. And the Pictures In My Head scene had me choked up.
  8. basicallygood

basicallygood Member

That whole special makes me cry like a baby. Especially when they all the Muppets get together and sing "Just One Person." And I dont know if someone's said this already, but "The Wishing Song" sung by Gonzo on The Muppet Show is another tear-jerker for me...
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Just watched Big Bird in Japan again, that ending always makes me cry. :cry:
  10. miss kermie

Couldn't we ride makes me cry. It's so beautiful!
  11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Seeing Big Bird sing It's Not Easy Being Green at Jim Henson's funeral. NOTHING will be able to top that in terms of sadness. EVER. :cry:
    Borples likes this.
  12. miss kermie

I have to seriously agree with you there. That made me cry.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I would say when they did the tribute to Jim Henson. :(
    Zeliboba likes this.
  14. heralde

Oh man, I was just going to watch the scene of Kermit and Piggy's wedding from MTM because it always is so moving. But I swear before I even clicked on the link, I saw the phrase "Kermit and Piggy Get Married" and instantly started tearing up, lol. It's incredible how much raw emotion they managed to pack into one little film. :)

And to think as a kid I didn't understand why all the characters were crying (I didn't get the "crying when you're happy" concept yet, lol).
    Pinkflower7783 and Yorick like this.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Aww...I know it's amazing how much The Muppets have influenced our lives. Like I said before I think I love them and appreciate them way more now then when I was a kid. And I think at least for me why I get choked up because I wish I could go back to that time of being a child. Time goes by so fast.
  16. heralde

That's why I really identified with Julie Andrews' song to Kermit: "I'm so glad that you love me too...cause I've loved you since you were a tadpole and I was a fish." :)

Yeah movies have always been a big memory trigger for me (and probably for most people). For a split second you are literally in that frame of mind again.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Now to get ready for Miss Piggy on Anderson Cooper tomorrow!!! :mad:
    heralde likes this.
  18. Pinkflower7783

I think that's why when "Pictures in my head" plays I just get really emotional okay I cry but anyways...lol! Especially when Kermit says "If we could do it all again, just another chance to entertain"
    Zeliboba likes this.
  19. heralde

I honestly didn't think I was going to cry during this movie but when Kermit said, "Or did something break we can't repair?" I definitely felt the welling up, lol. Because it reflected my own uncertain state of mind about the Muppets for a long time. And to see them kinda wondering the same thing was a very poignant moment for me.
    Pinkflower7783 and Nasubionna like this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

I knew I was gonna cry when I heard "Rainbow Connection" was gonna be in the movie and of course I did but...I just got very emotional seeing Kermit walk through the hallways of the mansion and seeing all his friends. Like I said I never cry in movies so for me to get emotional during The Muppets for me is a big deal. LOL!