The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Studio

Well we finally got our house and moved in last week, the studio is not up and running yet but it will be soon.

Really I have enjoyed almost all of the things he muppets have done. Thre is an old Muppet Christmas Special that takes place at Fozzy Bears Mothers house, where all the Muppets spend Christmas. Well at the end of the special Jim Henson himself makes an appreance, and he says That he likes it when the (the Muppet Family) has a good time. That always gets me right in the chest!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
I hadn't checked to see if this were mentioned yet, but for me, the most tear-jerking moment of the Muppets was the "death" of Mew in The Christmas Toy. When Rugby thinks he's dead and the song begins, I just lose it. Not to mention Jerry Nelson's little monologue about being an old, forgotten toy. That whole special just chokes me up.
This is one f my favorite Muppet specials, and youa re right that is a great moment. Sad but great.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Iavmmc

When Fozzie looses all the money and Kermit yells at him, then he says

Does it help that I feel really bad!

Man that gets to me.

sheesh

Reaction score
Tearful muppet moment

on the subject of crowd scenes the bit in the church in MTM 'she'll make him happy now and forever' maybe its cause they're all emotional at THE wedding.

other than that: 'saying goodbye' and just previous when they've had 'job offers' and Kermit asks Piggy if she has to go to, she pauses and turns away with a ?whimper? Its her reaction to that followed by such a moving song that gets me. :cry:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Mtm

I guess I am really going to have to watch MTM again. I only saw it once many many years agao, and I do not remember that much about it.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
OK. I know already I'm looking far too much into this.

In the Diana Ross episode of The Muppet Show; there is a bit where Beaker sings or 'meeps' the song Feelings. For some reason in the theatre that night, it was full of angry people who shouted and booed at Beaker, and he starts to lose his rag! I was in bits by the end of it. And then something even more emotional happens; Animal stops them! Animal helps Beaker out! That clip made me a very big Animal fan!! Yes, I know, I have no life!

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I remember a Muppet Show Clip with Staler and Waldorf singing "When I Was Seventeen" - it added a lot of dimension to there characters.

Could someone please confirm this and possibly tell me the episode?

Also some of the closing nubers where the guest sang with a group of Muppets were really powerful: I recently saw the Kenny Rogers episode with "Love Lifted Me" and felt very content.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"When I Was Seventeen" is from the Linda Lavin fourth season episode. It is Kermit's birthday and Statler and Waldorf are reflecting on their lives over the years. It was also on the rare 1979 album "The Muppet Music Album".

You can hear them singing "When I Was Seventeen" on Muppet Central Radio.

Mario

Reaction score
Not many Muppet moments have gotten to me, but I would say when the Muppets went on Sesame Street and Kermit explained what happened to their good friend, Jim Henson. I don't think I can explain anymore, because I'm getting kind of choked up, and I just want to change the subject now, :cry:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I remember a Muppet Show Clip with Staler and Waldorf singing "When I Was Seventeen" - it added a lot of dimension to there characters.
That sounds so sad!! My gosh, they have depth!