The Muppet Show Alternate Openings

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Re: Re: Alex,

Originally posted by anathema
Right now the only thing I can think of is that in the original shot, Kermit announces Vincent, and then pulls a face, so maybe they decided it couldn't be edited around. It presumably wasn't due to the master tape being damaged, since I have at least two copies of the original :smile:
He pulled a face at the beginning of the Alice Cooper episode too. Just thought I'd bring that up.

By the way, Scarecrow, I've seen the original first season opening at your site. That was really cool. The theme song was the same, but the opening looked nothing like we know it today. Different Muppets, no arches, Piggy and Janice in brown wigs and of course Gonzo bashing the O and causing an explosion. Lol. It would be nice if we could see those more often.

By the way, nobody answered my previous question. Do all first season episodes in the Timelife videos use the Bob Hope episode beginning, or do they use others as well?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Alex,

I ment i wonder why they did the Rattlesnake bit for the Diana Ross opening, And didnt change no more ?

It doesnt even tie in with the shows plot, Weird !

Weird i tell ya !

:confused: :eek:

anathema

Reaction score
Re: Alex,

Originally posted by Warrick
I ment i wonder why they did the Rattlesnake bit for the Diana Ross opening, And didnt change no more ?

It doesnt even tie in with the shows plot, Weird !

Weird i tell ya !

:confused: :eek:

Well, it slots in where Statler and Waldorf's comments would normally be, and in fact there's at least one other show where they did something like that. I can't remember which one off the top of my head, but instead of the old geezers, there's a shot of Scooter doing something backstage.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Alex,

Oh yeah, I never connected those !

There is Scooter saying "Everybody on stage, Everybody is on stage!"

And then there is Beaureguard who is backstage and does a funny double take.

There is also one with Muppey or Foofoo running up the backstage stairs, Although that might be in the background of Beaureguard's scene.

I wonder if there are any more ?

see ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
there's one of Gonzo backstage and he says " I always get butterflies before a show"

then a large butterfly wacks Gonzo saying " not this time!"

Zack)Rowlf, I LOVE the scooter "everbody on stage!" bit!Dog.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Re: Re: Alex,

Originally posted by anathema
Well, it slots in where Statler and Waldorf's comments would normally be, and in fact there's at least one other show where they did something like that. I can't remember which one off the top of my head, but instead of the old geezers, there's a shot of Scooter doing something backstage.
Yeah, and in the Racquel Welsh episode it has a shot of Beauregard pulling a string and getting hit on the head with a bag of flour.

Incedentally, still nobody answered my question about the alternate first season openings on the Timelife videos. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to wait until I get the videos with the Juliet Prowse and Mummen-whatever episodes to find out.

anathema

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Alex,

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Incedentally, still nobody answered my question about the alternate first season openings on the Timelife videos. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to wait until I get the videos with the Juliet Prowse and Mummen-whatever episodes to find out.
Well, there's only four Season 1 shows available from Time-Life right now, so even if they do all use the same opening titles, it could be no more than coincidence.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Daffy,

We obviously dont know, All i can tell you is that they are not the original Season One openings.

I had forgot about that Gonzo and the butterfly one too !

Are there any more?

see ya

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I see. I'm just surprised that a lot of people here haven't seen all the season 1 openings on the Timelife videos. I'll just have to wait until I get the other two to find out.