The Muppet Show Alternate Openings

anathema

Reaction score
Re: Daffy,

Originally posted by Warrick
Sorry, i ment actually in the episode.

Watch when Super Gonzo flies in, In the 'Flash! Bam! Alakazam!' number, And in the 'Goodnights'.

see ya
I've just had a look at my copy. I can't tell for sure about the Gonzo seen in the 'goodnights', as he's right at the back of the frame and pretty blurred, but the Gonzo that flies in during 'Alakazam' is not the Season 1 puppet. Trust me on this ;-)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Alex,

He is in the 'Goodnights' too, I can see it on my copy.

see ya

anathema

Reaction score
Re: Alex,

He is in the 'Goodnights' too, I can see it on my copy.

see ya
Yeah, I can see him, I just couldn't swear to which build of the puppet that is :smile: I'd be pretty surprised if the original puppet was still around three years after being replaced, though.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Alex

Well it does REALLY look like it, If they were to rebuild one just for that stunt then it would have just looked like the version they were using at the time.

Maybe 'cause Jim built it, That was the reason they kept it ?

Or maybe it was the one they used to blow up in that one Opening when Gonzo hits the 'O' and Crazy Harry makes an explosion ?

see ya

anathema

Reaction score
Re: Alex

Well it does REALLY look like it, If they were to rebuild one just for that stunt then it would have just looked like the version they were using at the time.
Well, if it is the same puppet, it's had a nose job! The Season 1 Gonzo has a pretty distinctive schnozz, and the puppet that flew into 'Alakazam' looks very different.

Check it out:
http://www.anathema.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gonzo.html

Also note that "Super Gonzo's" eyes are open much further than the season 1 puppet's :smile:
(The picture was taken about a second after he lands.)

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Alex

The second picture of Gonzo was it from the "Lynda Carter" show?

If it is I seem to remember after Gonzo, Fozzie, Link and few others fell of the ladder onto the floor at backstage - the Gonzo puppet was from the first season with the original nose :concern:

Later

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetDanny
Alex

The second picture of Gonzo was it from the "Lynda Carter" show?

If it is I seem to remember after Gonzo, Fozzie, Link and few others fell of the ladder onto the floor at backstage - the Gonzo puppet was from the first season with the original nose :concern:

Later
Yeah, that's where the picture was from. I've just had a look at the other scene, and it's still the later Gonzo, sorry :smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Really :confused:

I have to check the episode again - I'm quite sure there was the 1st season Gonzo puppet was used.

I do know that the 1st season Gonzo puppet was used in the Edgar Bergen & Cleo Laine shows :stick_out_tongue:

Later

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetDanny
Really :confused:
Really really ;-)

I have to check the episode again - I'm quite sure there was the 1st season Gonzo puppet was used.

I do know that the 1st season Gonzo puppet was used in the Edgar Bergen & Cleo Laine shows :stick_out_tongue:

Later
Cleo Laine, yeah - he's in the opening titles. I can't spot him in the Edgar Bergen show, though.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
The 1st season Gonzo puppet can be seen after Gonzo wrestling a red brick and returns to backstage

Check it out :crazy:

See ya