1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppet Show Season 2 Cover Art

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by King Prawn, Jul 25, 2006.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Few things to address...

1 Asked it at the Creatus Maximus website... What are the three images to choose from?
    2 Cover art of Piggy's clevage... Heh, that'd make this one guy I know in SLC run out and buy them all in an instant.
    3 There was someone who suggested it could/should be a cover of Piggy's neckline with pearl necklace and maybe the gloved hands as well.
    4 As mentioned on the CMX forum... The voting for this campaign seems to be suspect, as the totals don't really reflect the true totals of people voting.

Probably won't buy it myself... Seeing as how I can get all of TMS uncut or mostly uncut from my Canadian business partner.
    Hope this helps though.

2. Faylo

Faylo Member

I voted for number two, even though I love them all.

Personally, I would've liked if we had something like season one, with a close up on one of Piggy's dresses, a bit of pink skin/fur and a string of pearls. But eh, what can you do? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I Just got Ziffeled by The Count!

3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

If they went with the cover with the eyes/snout closeup, it would go great with the season 1 cover with Kermit's fuzzy collar. I think it would be a neat idea if each season set featured a different character like that showing whatever their trademark is. The next ones could be either of these:

Fozzie's polka dot tie or brown hat
    Gonzo's nose
    Rowlf's nose/eyes or maybe his paws over piano keys
    Scooter's jacket
    Dr. Teeth's grin with shiny gold tooth
    Camilla's chicken feather pattern

But then again...it doesn't matter so much what the cover looks like, it is the content of the DVD's that truly matter, right?

4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hey, by the way...none of the Alias Season cover-art matches previous season's cover-art...so there's no garuntee that they were even planning to make them all fuzzy/close-up.

Just a little point to add.

Grover: The point added at the end of a sentence is a period. Oooh, I am so proud of me.

Beau

5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

True, Beau. True. But it ain't a bad idea.

6. Beauregard

Oh, I agree that close-ups is a very good idea. I would be the first to vote for a Piggy-pearls, Fozzie-necktie, Gonzo-nose, Scooter-jacket, etc, but I was just airing that fact that various seasons rarely match...mainly because they wanna show off star-power on the covers as the seasons progress.

7. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

In that case how about a close up of Elton John's gapped smile?:zany:

8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hey Ed, here are the three cover descripts:

1. Most of Miss Piggy, her head, ears, dress, arms, but no legs are seen.
    2. Right side of Piggy's face, black dress, arms, but no legs.
    3. Piggy's snout, eyes, and widdow's peak of hair.

Hope this helps!

9. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

That. would. be. the. best. DVD. cover. EVER!!!!!!!!! :) :D :excited:

Great idea buddy.

10. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Was it the paws over piano keys one you liked or the other. That's the one I would prefer.

11. The Count

Thanks Ry... It does. Would vote for #1, that's probably the best out of the three going on what you mentioned above.
    #3's a step in the right direction... But do they have to give her a widow's peak? Why not a better/sexier hairdo?
    Good thing I already have all of Season 2 in my VCD library.

12. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

It doesn't look as bad as you are probably imagining it, Ed. It is a close up of Piggy's eyes and snout with part of her hair showing at the top of her face. So, really, you can't see her "hair do"

13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bry's right, you mostly see her nose and eyes. The hair's pretty well hidden.

14. The Count

Mmm... OK, gotcha then. Like I said, #1 seems like the best choice... But then again, doesn't matter much to me. Will more likely keep getting TMS from Justin, and then maybe FR Seasons 1 and 2 and SS Nostalgia sets later in the year.

15. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Definitely the paws over the keys, and that reminds me, I mentally sketched a few versions of it this morning. Gonna have to put that on paper and share.

16. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

I liked the third one kind-of but the second one looks cool

17. Beauregard

Hey, I checked today and there is something suspicious about the voteing becuase it still shows the votes it showed when I first saw it, and I know that people have voted since then...

18. The Count

Welcome to the club Bo. This thing reaks of malodorous manipulations.

19. Beauregard

And your post glitters with Dr Tooth-ish-ness.

Seriously though, either the voteing is fake, or the results are fake, or the results take a while to change, or there really have been only 17 votes with only 3 for the close up, ten for the pearly-fingers, and 4 for the first image. But I have high doubts and wonder what the dickens is going on with that site...

Gonzo: I'm Charles Dickens
    Rizzo: You are not Charles Dickens.
    Gonzo: Fine, I'm Dahrl's Chickens...

20. The Count

Right on! Totals from CMX and MC add up to more than what that site's reportin'...

Me thinks the cover counters there are temporarily indisposed.
    Man, we gotta get this Muppet Show Season 2 boxset release awaaay from these Disney dudes.
    Too true, too true.

What we need is a clever scheme!
    Well said Scooter my lad... But who's got the scratch to pry away our bretherend from these corporate cats' clutches?
    *All go back to playing gig.