1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppet Show Season 2 Cover Art

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by King Prawn, Jul 25, 2006.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Great. They took the little vote-thingy off the site. Hopefully they know there was some kind of malfunction. I'd hate it if they thought "wow, only 17 people care about The Muppets. Guess we won't put it out on DVD."

Far-fetched? Maybe, but maybe not. :smirk:

2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Nah, there's money to be made in the DVD's--Diz/MHC won't let it go by!

3. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

Disney/MHC won't cancel the release of The Muppet Show season two, even if if did look like only 17 people voted on the website, if anything it would show that only seventeen people vist the website. Season one sold really well, so of course season two would be coming. If season one didn't sell well, Disney/MHC wouldn't even think about selling season two.

I'm even willing to bet that sometime in the furture, we'll have all five seasons of the Muppet Show. Sure we'll have to wait, but it would be totally worth it.

4. KermieBaby47

Ha-ha, yeah I know. But can't you just picture some of those people mistakenly thinking "gee, no one cares about Muppets" before taking the time to fix the error? Sheesh.

I can't WAIT to have all 5 seasons! Hopefully Disney will see how important they are to us and pay the extra royalties to give us actual uncut & complete sets in the future. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

:)

5. JJandJanice

Plus I have to say, if they are surpised that only seventeen people voted (at least seen), it would be Disney/MHC owns fault. I mean, I don't know about you guys, but as far as I know, they never told people that they can vote for the best cover art on the website, as far as I know. I didn't know about it until I went to this thread.

6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Agreed. I only knew it from this thread here. Their site is not well publicised at all...but then I'm sure they wouldn't want to draw attention to it. ;)

It's like "Muppet World." - Almost never updated and boring after a first visit...oh well.

7. JJandJanice

Yeah, totally. It's sad.

8. AlienGonzo

AlienGonzo New Member

Haha, it was posted on lots of sites, top sites like tvshowsondvd, etc.

I can guarantee you more than 17 people voted, I mean, come on, be realistic. On other boards where posts were made about it, tons of people went to vote but the number never changed. In fact, at times the number even dropped. So, obviously something was wrong with it.

9. Java

Java Active Member

The voting is now back up and it looks like they've worked the bugs out of it.

According to mine, after I clicked on the one I liked there have been a total of:

185 votes for the first cover, 196 for the second cover, and 271 for the third cover.

And it told me that I could only vote once.

10. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

That's terrible, O don't really like any of the three covers but the third one is the only one i actually hate, i don't mind the first two that much though I don't really like them but the third I just can't stand. I think it's too ugly a cover:mad:

11. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

The latest vote tally is:

Cover 1: 357

Cover 2: 525

Cover 3: 474

12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Cover 1: 375
    Cover 2: 621
    Cover 3: 520

- Wow, it's really going up! That's...er...1,516 votes so far!

13. Java

Java Active Member

You know, first I liked the third one because it was similar in theory to the season one cover. Now I think I like the second one more.

14. KermieBaby47

Have you guys checked out the poll lately? Nearing 8,500 as we speak, er... read!!!

:crazy:

15. KermieBaby47

Vote count up to 13637 right now, with Cover #2 in the lead by about 1100 votes.

If you want #3 to win (like me), then get over there and vote!!
    :)
    Ant

16. JJandJanice

Dang dude. Number 2 is killing in this poll and it's not looking good at all for numer one, which was the one I like best. But number two is cool.

Truthfully number three is the way I like the least, I know it kind of macths season one more, but I don't think they really need to macth, I like things looking different.

17. KermieBaby47

I think number 2 is my second favorite, and yes, I even like the first one.

I guess I kinda don't care huh? LOL. Just would really like to see this set finally be released. How many times have they pushed back the date now? Sheesh. :sympathy:

18. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I personally like #3 only cause it's like Season 1, you wouldn't want ALL your DVD covers to look different, you would want SOME similarities. I don't know why, it's just my opinion.

Daniel

19. JJandJanice

Well all in all, it's not like I won't be buying it because of the way the cover looks, but still it's nice to have it look as nice as possible.

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The next 3 would definately be something along the lines of Fozzie/ Gonzo/ ANimal... not in that order. I just get that vibe.